LegacyGT.com

Do I or do I not need a retune for this?

Habitual Line Stepper

I currently have the Xo2 Turboback exhaust on my car. I was thinking of doing a custom setup and going to a single exhaust, instead of splitting at the y-pipe. I currently have a stage 2 protune on my car for my current setup, does anybody see a problem with me running this tune with the custom exhaust? I'm planning on 3" all the way back.

Thanks

"I for one do not doubt you, dude. Your car is fast and an internet legend." -Gire

I wouldn't worry, but yes it could "possibly" be an issue if it is a bit more free flowing (creep). But honestly doubt it would with the tiny vf46 hotside.

If its just boost creep, with the possibility of overboost, i'll just have my tuner push up the boost cut. And if i'm not mistaken the Xo2 DP is 3" wide anyways, until you get to the y pipe then it tapers to 2.5? I guess that would be where i would see the extra flow. Anyways thanks infamous.

"I for one do not doubt you, dude. Your car is fast and an internet legend." -Gire

• 1 month later...
Did not want to start a new thread So

I just got a new catback 3 to 2.5 y's will i need a retune on my setup Shamar?

Usually not, however I may have to log it to see where your IDC's are. With the stock injectors and vf39 you could "possibly" lean out up top. If a retune is needed we can work something out ;)

So, for my own little piece of the threadjack...

vf40 going from Invidia Catted DP to Invidia un-catted DP.

re-tune? it is getting colder out here in Ohio

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

Archived