LegacyGT.com

removing bumper cover?

+1 That is the thread I used when I took my front bumper cover off to "blackout" the headlights. I found it made it a little easier to turn the wheels to each side to get the poppits located inside the wheel well splash guards. They can be hard to get too. I know because I wound up breaking them while trying to remove them and had to replace them with bolts. Other than that, I think there are 6-8 poppits underneath that are easily removed. Once they are all out, you should be able to wiggle the bumper off. Installation is the reverse of removal.

• 5 months later...
I'm having some trouble with this on my 08.. I got the popits underneath and in the wheel well, but it looks like there is a screw holding it in place that would be impossible to get to.. Not sure how to proceed..

A screw? interesting, mine were just the 6-8 popits underneath and in the wheel well and that was it. May be different for the spec b, but i couldn't imagine why.

The biggest thing that always got me was ( for my own subaru ) when replacing the bumper, i had to always start from the right side of the car and work left (towars the diver) otherwise it would not line up right

You would take out the pop it right at the end of the bumper (Closest to the Tire).

You also take all the necessary pop it underneath the bumper.

The Screw you are seeing is the screw for the railing.

That Plastic piece is attached to the fender.

And your Bumper skin is held on by the railing.

So you don't have to take that screw off to take the bumper off.

You will see there are about 4-5 tabs right where the Fender and the Bumper+Headlight Meets.

You kinda have to wiggle it a bit to take the bumper off.

Have patiences!!

If you have a very small flat head screw driver, you might be able to get the tabs off a little easier.

But be careful not to scratch your paint.

Good Luck ;)

• 1 year later...

Archived