LegacyGT.com

PDX map over Cobb map?

Aex1

Hi, could you help me? I didn't found any confirmation of the issue. I have 2 principal maps at my APv2, Cobb Stage 2 , married already with my OBXT, and the other one: tuned PDX map, made especially for my configuration. Well, what is the optimal flashing procedure: first remove the Cobb map, unmmarring so the AP from the car and only then marry it again, but with PDX map? Or can I flash directly the second map (PDX) over the first one (Coob)? I personally prefer the first variant, but any other opinions, please?

Well, I understand this in theory, but how is it possible practically? Cobb map is first and base map. How can I flash PDX map? In realtime or flashing? (There are such possibilities during realtime map flashing, you know.) Besides, each firm insists that there maps should be flashed individually. How can?

If you select "Reflash Map" (not Realtime) that will install your new map as a Base Map. When you flash a map as a Base Map, it does exactly the same thing that it would do when you marry the AP to the car: erase the map that is currently there from the ECU memory and then install the new map. There is always a base map in the ECU, whether it's a stock one or the Cobb one you have now so even when you marry the AP to the car it still goes through the same process of erasing the map that's there and installing a new one.

Ok, thank you, LGT Dave. Well, I'll try it. The only thing if it's dangerous to the ECU? Mixing two different maps? At PDX site they don't recommend to use maps from different sorce at the same time. So I'm thinking, what does it mean: "at the same time"?

"At the same time" means if you had the Cobb map and then installed the PDX map as a "Realtime" map. In that case you would have the PDX map installed on top of the Cobb map and it could cause problems. If you tell the AP to "Reflash" the PDX map, then the Cobb map will be erased and the PDX map will be installed where the Cobb one used to be. Doing a "Reflash" will make it so only the PDX map is there and nothing else so you won't be mixing any maps that way.

Not secure, just a different type of reflash.

Base completely rewrites the ECU. Realtime loads up the map quickly and you lose that map if you, for example, disconnect the battery. The base will stay on, no matter what, as if it came that way from factory.

Not secure, just a different type of reflash.

Base completely rewrites the ECU. Realtime loads up the map quickly and you lose that map if you, for example, disconnect the battery. The base will stay on, no matter what, as if it came that way from factory.

Thanks to all, i can figure out this already.

Archived