LegacyGT.com

Whats eveyones winter setup

Long Island Legacy

I drive daily in the winter on Nokian Hakka RSi Tires. They are pricey but provide excellent warm/dry grip with the absolute best slush/snow that I've driven on and I've had a few. If you want something a little more agressive, see if the Pirelli Sottozeros come in your size, they were great NYC tire for me on my 94 Legacy Turbo.

-mike

You could prob get by on something lesser but those are supposed to be pretty good. Every review and person i talked to with those liked em.

I can vouch for the Dunlop Winter Sport 3D / M3's. I don't think they make the M3's anymore and the 3D's are the successor. I rock the 3D's as my winter setup and I'm pretty happy with em. During snow season, I run up to VT almost every other weekend, they've rocked everytime.

Pick up some Rally Amour mudflaps too! :lol:

do you leave LI much that you think you really need snow tires? I mean, we got one day of snow last winter. I have goodyear F1 A/S.

No but I have to drive my car everyday School work etc. It my onyl car so I want to take full advantage of my AWD and get the most out of it in the winter. Plus my Stockers are looking shot so i want to run them till I need snows and then keep the snow tires on throughout the winter and then sometime durring the winter i will get new tires.

I don't think you need snows. Get a great A/S for year round or, if you plan on running two sets, get summer tiresfor April to Novermber and a/s for winter.

Agreed...NYC does a great job at plowing the major parkways/highways for the most part. Your tax dollars at work..

"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

Archived