LegacyGT.com

Looking into a Mini Cooper

You can actually do oil changes on a Mini without getting under the car. As long as you are not a midget, you can actually just reach down from the front of the car to the drain bolt :lol: You still have to take the bottom skidplate off though.

Do I have to? Why not use a suitable driveway (not your own) and then sneak away? :hide:

453747.png

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol:

You'd make a mess on the skidplate though. It covers the drain bolt.

And while you're down there, revel in the BMW engineering of a band-aid fix for their failing electric power steering pumps due to overheating.

First they hooked up a fan, but they failed on people because they sucked up road debris.

Then they hooked up a duct to it which would get air from the front, and the fans still failed here and there because once again road debris made it's way in.

Then they hooked up a mesh to the inlet which sorta took care of it.

:lol:

• 1 month later...

You're kinda late in the game bud, we've had ours since last August and loving every second of driving it :D Ours is an 06 MCS auto with around 66K miles, not a single issue knock on wood. The only thing I got for it was the strut tower plates to keep them from mushrooming. We are overdue to get new tires and I can't wait to ditch these shitty runflats, and this spring I am looking at replacing the tranny fluid, plugs and belts.

I got a center armrest, a glovebox organizer, cubby organizer, aux in and a repair manual. The Haynes is so-so, I'm lurking for a Bentley.

Archived