LegacyGT.com

Comparison of the WRX STI, EVO MR, Audi 3.2S and BMW 135

Lost Horizon

I found this comparison of the above cars by Wheels..

http://www.wheels.ca/article/asset/337451

Seemed fair to me, although I've not tried the Audi. (In the sticker shock department, realize that the prices are Canadian, and are a total rip off.. so adjust your thinking accordingly, and the reason I will continue to buy my cars out of the US as long as this arbitrage is around.. )

I found this comparison of the above cars by Wheels..

http://www.wheels.ca/article/asset/337451

Seemed fair to me, although I've not tried the Audi. (In the sticker shock department, realize that the prices are Canadian, and are a total rip off.. so adjust your thinking accordingly..)

A very brief review, and you were right about the prices, owch!:eek:

Needless to say, I'm still much happier riding home in a Legacy

135 is a quick car but pretty uninvolving to drive. It's really numb....

I wish BMW would take a look at an old E30 series. An E30 craps all over the 135i in driving enjoyment.

Yeah.. for what they hold it out as, it should be less "335 like" than it is. It's within a few hundred pounds weight wise.

The interesting news is that BMW are currently developing a Turbo 4 cylinder version which would lighten it up quite a bit and get rid of that understeer. The N54 is just too much metal for the car volume, even tho it's incredibly capable with smoooooth delivery stock with that flat 300+ ft-lb torque from 1300 all the way up the food chain to 5500. The linear acceleration that follows fools your butt dyno if you are used to the hi revving M power hump past 4000 stuff.

I dont think the lancer and imprezza are comparable anymore, i think (or hope) that they have done what they have done to the new impy so that they can bring in an lsti with the my10 legacy's. If so it will blow all the evo x's outa the water :D actually i dont think any of those cars are comparable

Archived