LegacyGT.com

the perfect hamburger?

Jerboa113

;) Thats a matter of opinion..

It depends on the source if I'm comfortable with a medium burger. If I dont trust the restaurant they needto burn it... if I do trust it.. I can deal with medium.

If its steak.. its almost always medium for me.. medium well if I've had trouble with it bleeding a bit too much in the past.

any less than medium.. and I probably wont eat a burger no matter who cooks it.. steak.. maybe.. depends..

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And I think burgers are better on a grill, flame seared. High heat, flip once, then once again for the cheese on top. Closing the grill top will cook the middle just fine.

Guest heightsgtltd

Gas sucks :lol:

I agree with gitty, you have a two level charcoal fire. Big pile on one side of the kettle for searing, then nothing on the other for slower cooking.

That way you get the best of both worlds..

frozen meat?? BOO!
Besides... I'm not some elitist that believes that a persons choice in food determines their social class. Some foods may be low quality but its always a persons choice...

Double Standard? :iam:

As for chains, they just opened "The Counter" near to where I live in Roswell, GA. West coast I think. Supposed to be pretty good. Five Guys, Backyard Burger and Johnny Rockets are pretty good too. In Atlanta, The Vortex is known for their burgers. They're good but don't "wow" me. Never visited The Earl, but their burgers are said to be good.

Double Standard? :iam:

:lol:

Does not wanting to eat frozen burgers really make someone an elitist? I used to only eat frozen meat at home and after a while I just couldn't find one I liked..

I used to get those uh.. bubba burgers or something like that.. I dunno, maybe its the way I was cooking them.. frying pan seems to be bad for frozen patties.

I have never been to in-n-out. some people say its better than 5 guys.. others say its not. I suppose I should just wait to try it and find out..

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

:lol:

Does not wanting to eat frozen burgers really make someone an elitist? I used to only eat frozen meat at home and after a while I just couldn't find one I liked..

I used to get those uh.. bubba burgers or something like that.. I dunno, maybe its the way I was cooking them.. frying pan seems to be bad for frozen patties.

I have never been to in-n-out. some people say its better than 5 guys.. others say its not. I suppose I should just wait to try it and find out..

As far as frozen goes, Bubbas are really good, especially on the grill.

I think were talking about how to make the BEST burger :lol: Which would obviously involve fresh not frozen meat.

Mmmmmmm....., now I'm wanting a burger. Here's what I do:

In a bowl, mix the ground beef with some fine chopped onions, garlic powder, chili powder, and a little beer (don't use Sam Adams' Cherry Wheat yuck!) or Worcestershire sauce (depending on what you're going to top it with). Make them so each patty is about 1/2 lb and cook so they are a little pink in the middle. Melt sharp cheddar cheese on top, and finish with your favorite BBQ sauce and some bacon. Then go get an angioplasty. :)

Yes, it was all that was in the fridge that day. It overpowered everything and it was all I could taste. I usually have either Yuengling or Miller Lite around; however, I think a little Guinness would probably come out pretty good. Maybe I will try that this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

Ahem.

-Ground beef. From a farm. Not frozen. Grain fed. Lean. Very red, not smelling like the crap you get in the supermarket. I get mine from my cousin's farm. You might do well to try a good quality local butcher shop.

-Red onion.

-Garlic.

-Hp Sauce.

-Salt and pepper.

-Bread crumbs.

Chop some red onion very fine, same with garlic. The amount you put in depends on what you like. Usually a whole red onion, a glove of garlic, 4 tablespoons hp, handful of breadcrumbs, 1 pound of ground beef usually does 4 burgers. I usually use that patti maker that Tupperware has.

Make homemade buns too. Most people have there own favorite one. If not, local bakery shop will have some. I like Kaiser buns.

Brick/Havarti cheese.

Fried onions. Use a bit of extra virgin olive oil in a pan/pot, cook on medium till golden brown.

Pickles. Once again, homemade, but that's a long process, so go with whatever brand you like.

Any other veggies you like.!

Maybe a little more Hp Sauce on the plate for dipping!

Archived