LegacyGT.com

Bigger Hood Scoop for GTs anyone?

Xenonk

it's 5mm x the width of the opening. Any case, remember that our intercooler and hood scoop design is more efficient than the STi hood scoop (and it's obvious the STi hood scoop is taller and bigger).

Dont let the looks deceive you so fast.

Keefe

Keefe

it's 5mm x the width of the opening. Any case, remember that our intercooler and hood scoop design is more efficient than the STi hood scoop (and it's obvious the STi hood scoop is taller and bigger).

Keefe

Yeah, it doesn't sound like much, but its about 16% more opening, which if the intercooler fins aren't too restrictive, should mean about 16% more air passing over the intercooler.

.o0O0o.

Keefe

where did you see that it was more efficient?

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

• 2 weeks later...

Look up the aerodynamics tests for subaru hood scoops online.. I read a few things from other Subaru-orientated articles.

As for taking off the hood scoop, just have to take off the sound-deadening off the underside of the hood. There's about a few screws that holds the scoop in.

Keefe

Keefe

5 Millimeters ? That's not even 1 centimeter. Isn't 2.3 cm 1 inch? so we're talking less than1/8 of an inch. I can't believe that's a Significant amount of air

2.54 cm = 1 inch so you are looking at about 5/32 inch bigger.

I like my scoop the way it is, and don't want to change anything that adds/detracts from my vision out over the hood. Compared to previous gen Legacys, this scoop is huge.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• 2 weeks later...
Also, anyone know a good program to use to convert these japanese websites to english? I'd like to be able to read about some of these products.

babelfish.altavista.com/tr

You can translate text or whole webpages

Archived