LegacyGT.com

brake click at 10mph?

Most Japanese cars have this nowadays, my old 2001 Honda Civic was notorious for this. Yes it is just the ABS intializing. The thing is that your ABS won't fully work until your car is at least past the first warm up notch. The click thing is just a part of that process :)

When at 10mph does it click? when you apply the brakes? I had that problem on my 01 outback. my mechanic couldn't find anything wrong (so he says) I was convinced there was.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

It may be only after I back up as 95% of the time I'm starting out, I back out of somewhere, I'll check that out (but why does it matter?).

And no, my foot is not on the brake when it clicks -- I can actually feel the click ever so slightly with my feet in the pedal area.

anyone else notice a click/clunk when your car reaches about 10 mph? i thought it might be the ABS intializing, but that's just a guess.

MT

Interesting.. I always thought it was the locks auto-locking..

HV

It may be only after I back up as 95% of the time I'm starting out, I back out of somewhere, I'll check that out (but why does it matter?).

And no, my foot is not on the brake when it clicks -- I can actually feel the click ever so slightly with my feet in the pedal area.

Sometimes pads will shift slightly when brakes are applied - so they click / clunk when first applying brakes in the opposite direction. Based on your description, this obviously isn't what you are hearing.

Archived