LegacyGT.com

So does this mean we all should buy Greddy Stuff now before its too late?

edekba

No the stickers don't exempt you. You still have to have better than 35% +/- 3% of light transmission. But you have your windows tinted aftermarket in CT, you are "required" to go to the DMV and have them test your windows. They then give you a serialized sticker for that car, and each window that says it has been tested and "certified". You then must staple the paper to your registration and present it to a cop if he pulls you over. As if the annoying yellow stickers in the bottom left of the windows (as you face the window, so flip to the rear for passenger side) aren't freaking annoying enough:mad:. I went to the DMV to have it done and they at first had no clue as to what I was saying. Then they said pull the car around and we will look at it (mind you I did not get a warning ticket, just a verbal chastizing). When he came out he told me "If it was busy we would have told you to go away." I then replied "Well, you made the law not me!!" It is a pain for the poor guys at DMV, it isn't a quick process. Maybe the cops will quit profiling large mufflers and tint:lol:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
good question, i believe here in CT its 35 for the fronts, no tint other than a top strip on the windshield, and no limmits on anything other than the front door windows

Actually any windows on the sides, even the little triangle ones at the rear. 20% on rear, and none on the front other than factory. And technically none of the shiny tint, they have laws against the reflectivity too.

Interesting. I wonder what a cop would say if they told you that you can't have that tint but you tell 'em you went 2 the DMV 2 get it approved and they said they're too busy to be bothered w/that.(Probably wouldn't believe you). :spin:
Braille B2015, RBS grill, Borla CBE, Zero/Sports rad shroud, Hayden TC, Group A crank & alt pulley - Mike

Interesting. I wonder what a cop would say if they told you that you can't have that tint but you tell 'em you went 2 the DMV 2 get it approved and they said they're too busy to be bothered w/that.(Probably wouldn't believe you). :spin:

somebody is going to use that line if they ever get pulled over...:)

Archived