LegacyGT.com

what are my chances??

You should be able to waste the Mazda6 easily IMHO, the TL I have no idea.

Check their HP and 0 -60 times and do a comparo and go from there.

BTW, do your breakin first...............................................................................

Adam.

I have a 5MT and raced my friends 04 5MT Mazda 6 from a 10 mph roll and from a stop. Both times we went to 100mph. From a stop he was about 8 cars behind me - no exaggeration. From a roll I had him by about 4 cars. I think you should be able to beat the 6 no problem.

I have a 5MT and raced my friends 04 5MT Mazda 6 from a 10 mph roll and from a stop. Both times we went to 100mph. From a stop he was about 8 cars behind me - no exaggeration. From a roll I had him by about 4 cars. I think you should be able to beat the 6 no problem.

I'm sorry, but if you take a MZ6 by 8 cars, you buddy can't drive worth a sh!t. A well driven Mazda 6s 5MT will run 0-60 in the low-mid 6 second range. I think C&D got 6.4 in their test. I haven't seen any performance figures for the 5AT LGT, but I'd think they would be pretty close to that. Quarter mile for the C&D car 15.1 at 93 mph.

C&D managed a 0-60 time of 5.8 seconds for the TL so like I said previously it's going to come down to whether your co-worker can drive, if he can then you're toast, if not then you have a chance.... As for the Mazda 6 it's probably a good idea to listen to Boostjunkie since he has first hand experience with it.

Cheers

Dave.

Thanks for the vote of confidence there Gumby. My Mazda6 (well my fiancee) is an AT. While it's a fairly zippy car, any LGT, AT or MT would easily pull from it, although the Injen CAI does help quite a bit. Unfortunately the Jatco AT in it is a power sucking, blood thirsty b!tch. The MT cars are much quicker. With any MT though, it does become a driver's race. If they bog hard, or spin off the line like crazy, all the cars in question are close enough to hand you the victory. Launching an AT is just too easy. Brake torque and go.

I'm sorry, but if you take a MZ6 by 8 cars, you buddy can't drive worth a sh!t. A well driven Mazda 6s 5MT will run 0-60 in the low-mid 6 second range. I think C&D got 6.4 in their test. I haven't seen any performance figures for the 5AT LGT, but I'd think they would be pretty close to that. Quarter mile for the C&D car 15.1 at 93 mph.

I forgot to mention, he dumped the clutch at a fairly high rpm's because he was spinning wheels while I got a huge 3 carlength lead. After 3rd gear is when I was walking farther away. You are right though, with a better driver it would have been more of a challenge.

Archived