LegacyGT.com

Clutch slipping.

Jordan

A couple thing have been happening that have made me think i need a new clutch, for starters very regularly when I shift into 4th I grind gears even when the clutch is fully depressed, it grinds a little then lets me in its very strange. Now when im in 5th at around 3-4k rpm and I give it a little gas it shoots straight up to 5k, and redline, now I have been stage 2 for about a month and never had any problems with the 5th gear slipping until now, Is my clutch too weak to handle the extra power? Or is it just on its way out? P.S im ganna be taking my car in for the 33k checkup/service should I set my ecu back the stock config(apv2) or can i just leave the stage 2 map on?

Set it back to stock, tell the clutch is slipping, see if you can get it to slip at stock power.

4th gear syncro is on it's way out. Oh I see it's Spec B.

The OEM clutch's IMO suck. If the dealer will replace it, tell them you want a Spec stage 2 or better. I have the Spec Flywheel too. read through this forum for more info.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived