LegacyGT.com

Bezels, Navi and stuff

stiffarmleft

what are you looking for in particular? The NAV won't matter in the US unless you can get proper maps and the other parts some vendors have imported already. Post a list of what you are looking for and I can tell you the best place to try and source the parts.

-Dan

what are you looking for in particular? The NAV won't matter in the US unless you can get proper maps and the other parts some vendors have imported already. Post a list of what you are looking for and I can tell you the best place to try and source the parts.

-Dan

I am trying to get the din bezel that goes into the cubby above the stereo. From what I can tell in the catalog it has two item numbers H0017AG920 and H0017AG926. I don't know what the difference is, maybe color. It can be found on page 10 of the catalog. That's really all I need for right now, the rear entertainment system would be nice too, but that's a little down the road.

I know some have gotten the pieces you are looking for,but not sure of the source. Try PM'ing Paul at AVO ('apexjapan') with the P/Ns - he might be able to track them down for you.

Thanks for the info, I will try him. I used to work out near Leesburg, Ashburn to be exact, for the BIG phone company.

the BIG one that is littler now with a new name or the big V? I hear BellSouth is getting it's $$ together to make a purchase.

I work in Herndon for a little phone company that is trying to be big

the BIG one that is littler now with a new name or the big V? I hear BellSouth is getting it's $$ together to make a purchase.

I work in Herndon for a little phone company that is trying to be big

The BIG one that is little now with the new name and bad accountants.

The BIG one that is little now with the new name and bad accountants.

Ha...not bad accountants. Extremely creative ones. :lol:

Latest rumor is Q to buy them. We thought they were buying us? That's telecom ferya.

i emailed japanparts to for the same thing and the sti (defi) a pillar boost gauge, the bezel cluster or whatever its called is damn expensive. Of the two part no's i think your right because it is the face plate and bracket (JAPAN PARTS TOLD ME), so there may be two colors (the SG817...... is the gauges)

It took japanparts about three days for a reply and now im waiting again for a proper estimation! I dont know either where else to source these parts.

i emailed japanparts to for the same thing and the sti (defi) a pillar boost gauge, the bezel cluster or whatever its called is damn expensive. Of the two part no's i think your right because it is the face plate and bracket (JAPAN PARTS TOLD ME), so there may be two colors (the SG817...... is the gauges)

It took japanparts about three days for a reply and now im waiting again for a proper estimation! I dont know either where else to source these parts.

This is what japan parts sent me:

Dear Roosevelt,

Here is the estimation.

*H0017AG920 DIN Bezel; 10,200JPY

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sub Total: 10,200JPY

Shipping to U.S.A Via EMS: 2,000JPY

It will take us about 10-15 days for preparation and delivering the item

after we receive your payment.

(Estimated days are until it arrives to U.S.A

and domestic delivery would take some more days)

Mail Order Card Sale (5%) for Credit Card Company: 650JPY

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Total: 12,850JPY

Customs duty is not included in this grand total.

We can not know how much it is.

Very expensive for a piece of plastic, although an important piece plastic. I think Paul from AVO quoted me a better price with shipping so I may go with him. I don't think color is the difference, the only thing that I could assertain through research is the the Panasonic is 2 dash mounted DIN units, one in the cubby and one in the top center stack. I think the one I need for the Alpine unit is H0017AG920. The measurement of the units that fit that bezel in Japan are 178mm x 50mm x 165mm, exactly the same as the Alpine unit I'm getting, so to me there is no question a DIN unit will fit in the cubby.

For me this is the best solution for adding an aftermarket stereo/navi I'm suprised others don't find this a viable option. It would be nice to get a group buy on these things to bring the price down:hint:

The USDM radio house the auto HVAC controls. :( If you swap it, you need to get the manual controls like in the 2.5i

I'm not replacing the face plate, I'm putting a DIN bezel in the cubby to accomadate a DIN size fold out nav unit like the one in this thread http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4934&highlight=cubby except I'll be using an Alpine unit so it won't stand out as much and look a little more integrated. The thing around it is the bezel that I am trying to get. It will snap to the back of the cubby once I remove the door. The cubby is modular, if you look inside of it you can see where the door come off, so no need to cut it out or anything like that. If you ever sell the car you can just replace the door. Hopefully this clarifies things a little.

• 3 weeks later...
Does anyone know what the max headunit depth that can be used with the 1 din bezel for the cubby?

I think I'm going to order one from AVO.

The unit i'm putting in is 6 1/2" that's generally the depth of most DIN sized units I have seen. As far as the max depth, I guess that depends on how much you want the unit to stick out. What are you planning on putting in there?

The unit i'm putting in is 6 1/2" that's generally the depth of most DIN sized units I have seen. As far as the max depth, I guess that depends on how much you want the unit to stick out. What are you planning on putting in there?

Nothing out of the ordinary. Just an Alpine (most likely) HU. Just wanted to make sure that I wouldn't be wasting my money on this bezel (@ $110).

Archived