LegacyGT.com

Data Logs, can someone look over them

kshymkiw

This is a completely stock car.

The only thing I did was lean the car out a bit for better Gas Mileage, and add some boost.

I am aware of the 40% WGDC mod, and I am waiting for the Definitions from Merchgod to come out.

Car has 65k miles, 5EAT, and bone stock, except for a little more boost. Any comments or suggestions please let me know.

http://www.box.net/shared/2v51k9h3k7

Leaning it out without a wideband sounds risky. Use LV to keep an eye on your LTFT's at least.

It's odd that your boost is peaking around 4600rpm - really late. I don't have much experience with stock LGT's, but with stage 2's the boost usually peaks somewhere around 3000rpm and stays close to that peak for quite a while before tapering.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

Leaning it out without a wideband sounds risky. Use LV to keep an eye on your LTFT's at least.

It's odd that your boost is peaking around 4600rpm - really late. I don't have much experience with stock LGT's, but with stage 2's the boost usually peaks somewhere around 3000rpm and stays close to that peak for quite a while before tapering.

From what I can tell it has to do with the WGDC being stuck at 40, as I haven't gotten the Merchgod hack for it.

I am calling for higher, but the WGDC Delay is what is hurting me the most.

This run was also done on a very hot day, as you can tell over 100 degree intake temps, even at WOT and moving fairly quickly.

Looks fine, no knock and the late peak boost id expected with the 5eat. Also any leaning out in the cruise and sub cruise regions won't even matter as the car is still in closed loop. The closed loop delay is still active in his rom.

Thanks. Hey that Zeitronix LCD and Gauge Setup you have, does that work with the Open Source stuff?

I have been debating an LC-1, but I like the way the Zeitronix looks on the LCD Display, but if it doesn't work with RomRaider, ECU Explorer, etc.. then I prob. won't get it.

Hopefully Merchgod releases the new Definitions today, and then I will be putting Mickeys tune on, and tweaking it. I think down low I will turn the boost down to ease up on the 5EAT.

Thanks for the Input Infamous. Despite the hot, hot temps MY best pull which I didn't log individually :( I was moving about 206 grams/second of air, which I feel is really strong.

I think I am going to try the Airbox Silencer delete and Data Log exactly how much air I am moving before and after the silencer.

I think I am going to try the Airbox Silencer delete and Data Log exactly how much air I am moving before and after the silencer.

I did the same thing, plotting MAF vs. rpm and also timing 2500-6000rpm's and found absolutely no difference whether the silencer/baffle was on the stock intake or not. After testing I decided it would be best to leave it on to minimize MAF oscillations and minimize sound.

My '05 LGT

I did the same thing, plotting MAF vs. rpm and also timing 2500-6000rpm's and found absolutely no difference whether the silencer/baffle was on the stock intake or not. After testing I decided it would be best to leave it on to minimize MAF oscillations and minimize sound.

When you say MAF Oscilliations what exactly do you mean?

I realize it is going to increase sound, and I think quite possibly it may tumble the air more instead of having smooth air flowing, almost kinda like TGV Deletes, but could you expand of MAF Oscillations?

Thanks. Hey that Zeitronix LCD and Gauge Setup you have, does that work with the Open Source stuff?

I have been debating an LC-1, but I like the way the Zeitronix looks on the LCD Display, but if it doesn't work with RomRaider, ECU Explorer, etc.. then I prob. won't get it.

The Zeitronix is not intergrated with RomRaider just yet, however one of the developers (Kascade) stated he would try to get it into his next logger release.

The Zeitronix is not intergrated with RomRaider just yet, however one of the developers (Kascade) stated he would try to get it into his next logger release.

Ahh that sucks. So right now are you Dual Logging and then overlaying?

Merch has told me he won't get the new Def's out so he is working on my ROM as we speak. So hopefully later today I can get rid of that 40% WGDC, and I planned on having my friend use the MickeyD's tune as the base map, and just go through and correct what we think needs to be corrected based off that map.

We shall see

When you say MAF Oscilliations what exactly do you mean?

I realize it is going to increase sound, and I think quite possibly it may tumble the air more instead of having smooth air flowing, almost kinda like TGV Deletes, but could you expand of MAF Oscillations?

Yes, tumbling the air or resonance is what I mean. I think that the silencer helps to keep the airflow more constant. I haven't tested it though. I know that with a crappy intake (SPT), you'll get large MAF oscillations on a WOT 4th or 5th gear log due to resonance. It's thought that the reservoir of air in the stock baffle might act to stabilize airflow.

I did prove that removing the silencer does not add performance. I did not prove that removing the silencer stabilizes airflow... just theoretical unless someone has proven it.

My '05 LGT

Adding some new logs.

I went to the MickeyD's tune, and did the WGDC fix all at once. when we started my tuner was noticing a bit of knock. By turning down the boost .6 psi total and adjusting the timing we eliminated all the knock, and the car runs great.

http://www.box.net/shared/01893r75uo has knock, after this he turned the boost down

http://www.box.net/shared/vr37123hfv has some knock still, after this he turned down the boost and timing

http://www.box.net/shared/uzzr77y9h1 final. The knock in there seems to be false, as it was during a turn and downshift by the 5EAT.

What do you guys think?

Archived