LegacyGT.com

Possible buyers remorse over a seat??

hotengdude

Punctuation is teh coolness.

After a long roadtrip, my problem is the angle my foot is forced into, since I have a size 13. This causes pain in the outside of my right knee. Cruise control is a godsend.

I think the problem with changing seats isn't with the brackets or airbags, it's the mount for the passenger seat belt. I was going to put in WRX seats and it seems most things would work out fine (seat heat pad, airbad connectors, brackets) but there's no way to anchor the lower mount as it is part of the seat frame on the Legacy.

I also had a WRX seat deconstructed along with my Legacy seat to see if we could swap foams and put on aftermarket matching leather seat covers...no dice.

• 1 month later...

we test drove the car twice as well as an ob xt and she was happy with the seats. now that we own the car she's not sure any more. my wife is 5'3" with pretty short legs. usually the issue is that the front part of the seat is too long and hits her knees...not an issue here. in the subi she's concerned that her lower back isn't supported in the intersection of the two parts of the seat. she's trying to find a position that is comfy. i sure hope she's able to as otherwise we might have made a few thousand dollar mistake.

i'd love to see/hear any suggestions for short people who aren't comfy in the lgt ltd seats and what they've done about it. i like the idea of the little memory foam pad to squeeze into the intersection of the two parts of the seat..maybe i'll try that first as $10 on foam is cheaper than a $3000 loss on the car!!! funny thing is she's really starting to like the car otherwise.

I have a std OB, am 5'10"+ and have trouble getting my throttle leg comfortable - in the RHD cars there is a lump in the floor right under the pedal which reduces the usable space for my heel to rest, and compromises the whole set up. Initially I found it very hard to rest my right leg for long drives, but now find that if I move my thigh right up on the side bolster I can rest the side of my foot (ball part) against the side wall and it is comfortable for long periods. Apart from that, If I adjust the seat for throttle comfort, the clutch is a reach to fully depress. SWMBO seems very happy though, no complaints at all jumping from Miata to OB - daughter is also happy with it. Some cars I have had actually provided spacers to put under seat bolts to change angle to suit shorter drivers, so maybe its worth checking how easily the seats come out, and if a spacer will help.

jp

• 4 weeks later...

So I've been driving my Leg GT Ltd. Love everything about the car but tha damn seat!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had it in the dealership after reading this thread. It's like there was a little pebble under my right butt cheek where my leg begins. It was probably some extra material where the seams join halfway up the seat (bum part). The service guys took off the cover and snipped something, but the seat still kills me there. I've smoothed out my pants, no wallet, etc. I bought a $10 cushion and that is **okay**, but I don't want **okay** on a $40,000cdn car!! Coulda kept my Bimmer and been comfortable at least. Next step is to call service and take them up on the offer to CHANGE the seat.

BTW I'm up to 4200kms in three weeks...I really drive a lot, so this is critical.

like others, i discovered the uncomfortable seat after the test drive. i am 5'10" and 215#. after months of unsuccessful adjustments, i found myself to be most comfortable when sitting as far back in the seat as possible.

• 2 months later...

Anyone have a good fix for a lower back pain with these seats? I just got back from a 4hour road trip and on the 4th hour my lower back is really killing. I haven't had this problem in my previous two cars after 6+ hours.

Also, my wife in the passenger seat was complaining about the same pain.

thanks

Same problem here. OB XT LTD, 6'1', 205lb, lower back pain on long trips. I'm also annoyed that after moving to a much nicer, newer car, i lost leg room & head room from my '97 OB...I could easily fit a full fist above my head in the '97 and now I'm down to two fingers. I have found that raising the front of the seat helps though. Between that and tilting the seat back a just a scoche(usually I sit completely upright in a car) I can be adequatley comfortable on long trips. Funny thing is, my '85 falling-apart honda accord had cheap fabric seats I could drive 1200 miles in one day and not have a sore ass. I drive an hour in my Subaru and something's falling asleep or aching.
[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

i am 6' and have noticed i sit much more upright in this car than my others (but i find it quite comfortable)...my biggest problem was finding a spot for my foot to go without hitting the plastic trim when changing pedals or cramping on long trips

that damn plastic piece drives me nuts!! it gets caught on my boot and I go to push the clutch in and my foot doesnt move!!

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

that damn plastic piece drives me nuts!! it gets caught on my boot and I go to push the clutch in and my foot doesnt move!!

I jammed a 2x2x3" cube of foam up against the plastic piece and what would have to be considered the firewall - now plastic is never low enough to clip the tip of my shoes. I did this while disconnecting the daytime running lights (it's all in the same area).

Anyone notice the lumbar adjustment seems to be lower on the driver's seat than the passenger's? My passenger seat feels much better and the lumbar is where I would like it to be. I have the back half of the seat as low as possible and the lumbar sits about 2" lower than the passenger seat.

Archived