LegacyGT.com

Wierd KC under Cruise and low Load

praedet

How often are you checking it? Also how negative are you experiencing?

3-4 times a week, w/ ST it is super easy, so every time I log.

I have gotten up to -12 at 3200-400 rpm and around .85 load IIRC. I usually see a trough of pulled timing in the whole row (from left to right) in the 3200-4000 rpm area, except the highest load cell.

I have logged it numerous times, started a thread about it on RR, AFRs are right, timing is right, but it doesn't seem to matter.

I wonder if my clutch combo makes noise? It is a little audible at real low speeds.

I wonder if my clutch combo makes noise? It is a little audible at real low speeds.

That what it is in my case, rarely does it show up in the FLKC though. I can't feel nor hear it while out cruising, but as I am backing up my driveway and in to my garage I can hear the chatter off the walls.

Would it be possible to add to the logger the functionality to log which knock control strategy is being employed at any given time (even in the absence of knock)?

I have a RR logging profile called "timing" that I used when smoothing out my DA table to 6's. I logged with the values listed below. It's a little slow, but it gives a good picture of what's going on. You could add/remove a couple parameters or change the order to suit your preference, but this layout works for me. You can then use the formula/layout Merchgod showed to compare how it arrived at the Total timing value and build your tuning strategy from there.

Timing Parameters I use:

Engine Speed

Engine Load(Calc) and/or

Engine Load(Direct)

FBKC

FLKC

Ign. Adv Multiplier

Ign. Base Timing

Ign. Timing Adv.

Ign. Total Timing

KC

MRP(corrected)