LegacyGT.com

??? rear diff protector??

okay well since i just got another $100 in subaru buck and cant really think of anything the car needs i want to pick up another oem rear diff gaurd and a new rear window wiper. the problem is that i cant find a part number for the 05+ legacy/ outbacks is there just not one available or what?

yeah i know of paul's but the oem one is the one ive always gotten for the rear in all of my cars (02 wrx, 95 impreza wagon, 97 impreza sedan, 95 impreza coupe, 96 outback) reason being its cheaper, its oem and its steel and ive always gotten them with my subaru bucks so its basically free :). im just wondering if anyone knows of any differences in the new 05+? subaru dosent even have one listed as an option that i can find and cross refrencing the from primitive the 05+ actually have a different part number.

I was thinking that it would fit to but havent actually cross referenced part numbers Someone try it out and let me know the king of parts guys in pA tolds me they thought it would work just fine but I wasnt ready to buy based on thought.

TIA,

Anthony

good news and bad news.

i went to the dealer today and talked to the parts guy and he couldnt find the part number for the 05+. he said that more than likely what had happened is that since the diff protector isnt a real big seller that subaru put the "late availabity" in the brochure just in case there was alot of people asking for it and then they would put it into production for sale.

the good news is that he checked out rear end break up of the 05's and the 04's and does think that the older style looks to be compatible with the 05+ (he wasnt 100% but the rears look very similar).

when i asked him if he could order me one up so i could see if it would work out he told me to see if he had one in stock, he went into the back and rustled some shit around and came out with one. he goes well we pulled this one off of either a forester or an outback that came in on a trade so if itll work out for you, you can just have it. so im going to be attempting to put it on this weekend along with my new springs and struts :).

• 3 weeks later...
id suggest not doing it at all as it does not fit. the one i got was for a forester but does also fit the impreze and the older generation legacy. the problem with it is there needs to be 2 pinched spots in the protector, one side needs the be hacked to clear the axle and shortend up considerably front to back. a more cost and time effective option would be to just pick up one from paul at primitive.

Archived