LegacyGT.com

TrueDelta Vehicle Reliability Survey - latest results for the Legacy

mkaresh

My car has that same 'popping loose' suspension sound when turning on uneven surfaces or on rocks/gravel. I haven't gotten under there to check it out, but I'm thinking it's just the plastic undercovering fasteners that are loose (I can only hope it's something that simple). I've brought it to the Subaru tech's attention, but since they supposedly can't hear it and there is surely no light to indicate it...again, it doesn't exist.

I have a little laundry list of issues to bring to their attention on my next visit, including this one, my 2 interior rattles, and slight engine miss/hesitation/roughness. I'll be sure to report to the TrueDelta after this visit- hopefully in the next few weeks.

While turning sharply on uneven pavement the front of the car started making a popping loose sound.

As I understand it, the noisy front suspension (knocking/rattling) over rough or uneven surfaces is normal. Mine does this too -- most often when turning into driveways of shopping centers. I guess it has something to do with the way the suspension is designed.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Subaru bought the car back for what I paid plus 500 dollars for the headache. So I just picked up an 09 forester w/ premium pkg and 5spd.

This was very generous of them. Usually with a buyback there's a deduction for the miles put on the car, so you get less than you paid.

Posted new survey results in the OP.

• 3 weeks later...

I have heard a lot of people talking about noisy seats. I have never heard anything from mine. But mine are not power seats. I wonder if the noise is only from the power seats?

Any non-limited GT owners with noisy seat?

I have a noisy non-power seat. It squeaks when my weight shifts ie. pressing on the clutch.

I had a look underneath; it could be the mechanism that adjusts the seat height. My seat it usually all the way down. I raised the height slightly and the noise has disappeared.

When the weather gets better I'll put some grease in there.

I had headlight issues in my 06- changed out 2 in 18 months. The 08 has 22k and is exactly 1 year old with no bulb changes to date.

My driver's seat back does make a sort of squeaky noise when i shift my weight on the back from side to side. I think my shoulders are a little wider than the seats were designed for (which is also why the tech said my headrest keeps popping itself up, because of my shoulders- whatever)

I like my headrest all the way down since I just a little over 5'8. I've tried a few things from sandpaper to just bending the 2 bars, and I think it's finally staying down most of the time; but the seatback does occasionally make that squishy noise, which is nothing compared to the annoying dash rattle at the base of the a-pillar.

I'm hoping to take it in soon to address some minor annoyances, then I'll have something to report to TrueDelta.

• 6 months later...

I have an '08 LGT 5-speed, with 12,000 miles on it. So far:

-Driver seat creeks when cornering

-Carpet is worn by the heel of my shoe

-Defroster will not blow cold air when engine is warm

-Stutter (fixed)

-Trim piece on the right side of the dash creeks

-Door pannels rattle something fierce

-Dashboard and rear deck squeek

-Sunroof rattles

I really like this car and will hopefully keep it till the doors fall off, but this stuff is very still annoying for a $30K car.

Archived