LegacyGT.com

180K advice

-Replace all bushings if not done already.

-All belts, if not done already.

-Brake fluid and coolant flushes/fills.

-Air filter.

-Possibly fuel filter.

-Interior cabin filter.

-A nice detail.

-there are plenty more things, but that's what popped into my head.

Before you put a hefty amount of money into it, think about the overall benefit. If the car is worth $2000 and you put $3000 of parts/labor into it, is that a financially sound decision?

I have a 97 Impreza that I bought for $1800 and have been using it to commute to school with. I am replacing the timing belt and flushing the fluids periodically, but if the tranny/diff/engine breaks, it goes to the junkyard.

Sorry if this sounds childish, and quite possibly you already know this, but I've seen to many of my friends put $5k in a car that cost them $3k, and now they can't sell it for more than $2k.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that there is a lot of things that can be changed to make the car more reliable, but they aren't worth the price.

enough zip ties and duct tape will fix anything.

Before you put a hefty amount of money into it, think about the overall benefit. If the car is worth $2000 and you put $3000 of parts/labor into it, is that a financially sound decision?

I have a 97 Impreza that I bought for $1800 and have been using it to commute to school with. I am replacing the timing belt and flushing the fluids periodically, but if the tranny/diff/engine breaks, it goes to the junkyard.

Sorry if this sounds childish, and quite possibly you already know this, but I've seen to many of my friends put $5k in a car that cost them $3k, and now they can't sell it for more than $2k.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that there is a lot of things that can be changed to make the car more reliable, but they aren't worth the price.

Actually makes good $$$ sense.

Archived