LegacyGT.com

Tuning - Deatsch Werks 740cc Injectors

caramall2

Have read several threads, but thought I'd throw this out again...trying to get some good numbers to set my map at. The two factors I know of that may need to be adjusted are:

1) Injector Scale

2) Injector Latency

For #1, seems like most have used around 3655 (vs 5200 stock).

For #2, some have said leave stock, some have said you will need to increase it slightly (is slightly like 0.1?). Cobb ST info says: "To tune this table, it is suggested that you first establish a good Injector Scaler value through a best guess estimate. Adjust the latency values with the car at idle. If the car is running lean (positive fuel trim correction values) you should try increasing the latency value. Doing so will extend your total injector on-time. If the car is running rich (negative fuel trim correction values), try decreasing your latency values. In most cases, aftermarket injectors are slower than the factory injectors and thus need higher fuel latency values."

In Rom Raider, to check on fuel trim correction, is it AF Correction %, AF Learning %, or AF Lean Correction?

Thanks.

Check AF stored C and D. You want them Within 2% and 5% respectively. The closer to 0 the better.

Since DW's are supposedly built off stock injectors some say the latencies shouldn't change but I've seen some people increasing them slightly at 14v by (.1)

I used the Learning View tool to read the fuel trims. I think "AF Learning #1 A" (and B,C,D) might be the same values but I haven't verified that.

My Perrin 816s needed some extra latency as well, see here for the details:

http://www.romraider.com/forum/topic3601.html

Good post on RR NSFW. I need to scale some TDC modded 816 cc inj. too. I believe they are about the same as the Perrin modded (someone correct me if I'm wrong). Anyone scale these inj. w/ an AVO intake? Right now I have 750cc as the scaler but I still run rich at WOT. Fuel A/F trims in Closed loop are are within 2%. Need to confirm the latencies later. At work.

"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

Archived