LegacyGT.com

Is this a good price on a 09 Legacy 2.5i?

aigochamaloh

As posted previously in the "good socal dealer" thread, I'm new and searching to buy a Legacy. I've been trading emails with the dealerships around here, and I've been able to get a quote for the 09 Legacy 2.5i 5MT for just under 22k out the door. Everyone on here is looking at the GTs so I have no price comparison to base my quotes on. I'd be grateful if you could comment on that quote.

Also, I'm confused as to why Subaru's website doesn't have the 09s out yet, but Edmunds and Yahoo autos have the 2.5i trims as base, SE, and limited. I notice that the base and SE are only $300 different in MSRP, what is the difference? I will have to find out what trim exactly the dealership quoted me, I'm 100% sure it's not limited, but it could be SE. Thanks ahead of time!

If that is a Limited, it is a good deal. If it is a SE or 2.5i base, you can do better. The difference between the base and SE is that the SE receives power driver's seat, as well as a moonroof. Better buy than the 2.5i if you don't want all the extras that the Limited gives you. The 2.5SE is the only way to combine cloth seats and a moonroof in the Legacy at this time.

Hmm, 1k below invoice? According to cars101.com, PZEV invoice is $20,811. So let's say $19,811 plus about 9.5% for taxes and fees, comes out to $21693.05. Called the dealership I was working with and it was just slightly over $22k out the door. I guess I can try $22k flat out the door and it'd be fair?

Archived