LegacyGT.com

lack of ob's ova the pond

What's so crazy about not driving an Outback? :D For the most part, something with the clearance of an Outback just isn't needed in the UK.

I guess Legacys in general are seen as a bit of a left field choice in Europe. Those that buy them know how good they are, but there's an awful lot more choice over there for a similar sized and similar priced car.....it's one of the few things I miss about the UK, better choice of vehicles! :(

And here Outbacks are more for farmers while ordinary people stick to the Legacy Wagon. And the Outback is more expensive, so you can get a Legacy Wagon and some nice useful features like a trailer hitch and still get money left. A price difference of $2000 (roughly) matters.

The outback also have a slightly higher fuel consumption and with the fuel prices we have here it does matter...

453747.png

And here Outbacks are more for farmers while ordinary people stick to the Legacy Wagon.

That's in stark contrast to the U.S., where farmers drive 3/4 and 1-ton pickup trucks and soccer moms drive 5,500 lb Chevy Tahoes. Why no love for wagons in the U.S.? :(

No need for a large pickup truck when you have a good tractor and then can hang on just about anything to that. European farms are usually small enough that the speed of a tractor isn't a big issue.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNn7oprj2hY]YouTube - Massey Ferguson 8480 tractor traktor in action!![/ame]

And I have been driving one of these:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONmUZ9aCRTM][/ame][ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-491bmm2ZQ]YouTube - tractorpulling[/ame]

Hungarian tractor from the '60s. Compared to many other tractors of the time it was a serious thing.

453747.png

i been in the uk for like 4 weeks now and i have seen many a wagons but only 1 ob very different to the us, is this the same way in other countries?? or just this crazy 1?
They get cars like the Legacy 3.0R SpecB wagon with 6 spd manual, instead. Poor things....:spin:

Who Dares Wins

スバル

They get cars like the Legacy 3.0R SpecB wagon with 6 spd manual, instead. Poor things....:spin:

I was thinking of that last year when I bought a new car, but then I decided that the fuel cost would be too high... :mad:

Ended up with a 2 liter NA wagon instead... A little more boring, but at least I have 10 speed forward instead thanks to the dual range gearbox! ;)

453747.png

And here Outbacks are more for farmers while ordinary people stick to the Legacy Wagon. And the Outback is more expensive, so you can get a Legacy Wagon and some nice useful features like a trailer hitch and still get money left. A price difference of $2000 (roughly) matters.

The outback also have a slightly higher fuel consumption and with the fuel prices we have here it does matter...

What are you talking about? I have yet to meet a farmer who drives an Outback? The Outback is a fantastic deal. It's slightly more expensive, but you get options for that. It does come with some standards the regular wagon does not.

Plus, mine gets 35MPG all day at 65MPH.

And what do you mean, the fuel prices we have here? Gas is over $8 a gallon across the pond.

What are you talking about? I have yet to meet a farmer who drives an Outback? The Outback is a fantastic deal. It's slightly more expensive, but you get options for that. It does come with some standards the regular wagon does not.

And what do you mean, the fuel prices we have here? Gas is over $8 a gallon across the pond.

Im thinking he meant they get better mpg?? and its closer to $10 a gallon here ;)

You didn't check my location? :rolleyes:

I'm living in Sweden, so the fuel prices are not very funny...

453747.png

• 2 weeks later...

Archived