LegacyGT.com

COBB Intake(s) ?

westy66

why cant i find any reviews or impressions of this piece.. or pieces. it seems like there is no good intake for out LGT's, but i would think this one would play nice with their software. did it just get released?

who has one of these?

factory subaru intakes are already efficient so power gains will be minimal if anything, at least with the stock turbo. it is more for cool noise factor then anything. the filter does need oil which is what creates the blue color on the filter element. when you purchase it, it should already be pre-oiled. there is a recharge kit offered for when it comes time to clean the filter and apply new oil.

I have the Cobb intake/airbox installed

cimg0249zq0.jpg,DanaInfo=img172.imageshack.us+http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/5231/cimg0249zq0.jpg

but that only AFTER i did turbo and headers upgrade with my already installed aftermarket TMIC and turboback exhaust.

I think installing the intake without any other mods or a retune is pointless. Prior to this i had a Blitz panel filter in my stock air intake box.

Plus ive read only one instance that the Cobb intake filter needs to be oiled, but the guy who installed it said no need, just put it on (as Law said above, i guess its already preoiled out of the box, i honestly couldn't tell, didn't feel 'oily' to me)

initial user impressions: even with the turbo upgrade (VF40/18G) i dont get a lot of obnoxious intake noise either at cruise or even under hard acceleration. pretty unobtrusive in the cabin. Might be louder outside the car, but i'm not standing outside my own car while drive so i'll never know...

ok thanks, thats a good thing IMHO that its not real loud. Been doing a little research on this and found a couple interesting reads on IAT's and such with this intake:

http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5530

can't find the other one right now but it was cobb comparing their intakes IAT temperatures with the air box and without

Looks like they did a better job with the LGT intake. I had the Cobb intake on my WRX and all it did was making a sucking sound . You could hear the Turbo and wastegate but it did little to none for HP (Cobb makes no claims of HP either). I had the blitz Stainless steel filter . Now am happy with a drop in on my LGT.

Hmmm, mine is CONSIDERABLY louder but I like it. :)

Thats interesting, i wonder if its because my intake is inside the air box and reduces noise, i dont know. All i know is that is i hear the same turbo/downpipe noise i did before without much added by the intake, which is nice, because my interior is getting loud enough in conjunction with transmission whine from the upgraded tranny bushings.

Thats interesting, i wonder if its because my intake is inside the air box and reduces noise, i dont know. All i know is that is i hear the same turbo/downpipe noise i did before without much added by the intake, which is nice, because my interior is getting loud enough in conjunction with transmission whine from the upgraded tranny bushings.

Nope, I have the air box too. Turbo is MUCH louder and it sounds like an aftermarket BOV when I shift.

Nope, I have the air box too. Turbo is MUCH louder and it sounds like an aftermarket BOV when I shift.

Are you sure you didn't install your aftermarket DP at the same time as your intake? Because what you describe sounds exactly like the sounds my car made with the DP alone + stock airbox. After i added the intake, i was listening for more intake sound when my foot was on the throttle and didn't notice much difference.

Are you sure you didn't install your aftermarket DP at the same time as your intake? Because what you describe sounds exactly like the sounds my car made with the DP alone + stock airbox. After i added the intake, i was listening for more intake sound when my foot was on the throttle and didn't notice much difference.

Nah, I put in the DP about a month before the intake and my cat-back went in about a week after I installed the intake. The car was distinctly louder after the intake install and got even louder after the cat-back. My cat-back is pretty loud too, but you can still hear the intake sucking air and an obvious pshh sound everytime I shift under hard-acceleration.

Archived