LegacyGT.com

screw Rallying - anyone here AutoX ??

rallispec

Awesome-- I might go check that out this weekend.

I dont know if you've ever flown in or out of dulles -- but thier is a small road course set up around where rt.50 and 28 intersect just south of the airport.- I've been trying for a while to find out what it is but haven't been able to find anything out about it.

After Sept. 11th, autox and other races that was held there was cancelled for safety reasons. There use to be a charity autox events where it was the local cops in their patrol cars participating in the event and ride-alongs were given. I think even some of the DARE cars were out too.

My WRX was this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/xenonk2828/WRX%20PICS/DCAM0120.jpg

and then became this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v120/Snoopy0614/USA%20Drift%20Wreck/IMG_2401.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v120/Snoopy0614/USA%20Drift%20Wreck/IMG_2407.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v120/Snoopy0614/USA%20Drift%20Wreck/IMG_2409.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v120/Snoopy0614/USA%20Drift%20Wreck/IMG_2408.jpg

Hey, it's not hard to over-drive the car. And no, I am not sad about my departed WRX. You live, you learn, or you end up being stupid and regretful for the rest of your life. Move on.

Keefe

Keefe

I've been Auto-X'ing for 2 years now, last year my season was cut in half because I switched from my WRX to my LGT. I didn't feel like Auto-X'ing the LGT so soon in its life. But I managed to get 8th place out of 25 in STX in the D.C. region, not bad for only attending 3 of the 7 Auto-X's. I plan on doing a few this year in the LGT, maybe around 4, depending on how it goes. Still wonder what class the LGT will be in, STX?

Typically short shifters put you in any class other than Stock. You can run stock class since the Short Shifter is offered at the dealer and it does have a dealer part number. I am sure you can get away with the shifter bushings, but I'll have to look over the rule book again for 2005 (I only have the 2004 SCCA Solo Rulebook at home). If you are looking for an easy class to run in with the parts you have, STU would be your best bet since it's only limited to street tires that have:

Here is a quick summary of what you can have on the car for STU (which includes STS and STX rules in addition to STU rules):

Street Touring - S

If your car is a normally aspirated sedan (four seats, four factory seatbelts, not sports-car derived) of 3.1 Liters or less, or one of a few small turbocharged cars specified in the rules, and perhaps prepared further than allowed in Stock Category. Street Touring allows anything allowed in Stock, plus (roughly) these modifications:

-Any shocks, struts, and springs, using original attachment points

-Any sway bars

-Any wheels up to 7.5" in width that fit over stock brakes

-Tires up to and including a width of 225, with a treadwear rating of 140 or greater.

-Strut bars/braces as allowed in Street Prepared.

-Exhaust system downstream of catalytic converter(s)

-Short throw shift kits

-Spoilers, body kits, rear wings, etc.

-Pedal kits and other interior cosmetic accessories

-Alternate brakes pads and linings

-Any fully padded and upholstered front seats with reclining seat backs

-Removal of factory trim (rub strips, emblems)

-Alternate steering wheels of any diameter, otherwise meeting Stock rules

-Cross drilled and/or slotted brake rotors

-Alternate air cleaner enclosures

-No limited slip differentials except factory viscous coupler type units

-Stock brake calipers/drums

-Fenders may not be cut or flared (but specific modifications for tires OK)

-Emission-legal headers

-Emission legal modifications to Engine management system, either electronic or mehanical, but not both.

-Engine and transmission must remain unmodified, including emissions equipment

Street Touring - X

-Same limitations as Street Touring - S, but generally allows cars up to 5 liters or 2 liters turbo- or supercharged, with Limited Slip Differential, and certain other extensions. Wheel widths can be up to 8" wide with 245 wide tires.

Street Touring - U

-Same limitations as Street Touring - X, but generally allows cars of unlimited displacement , or up to 3.1 liters turbo- or supercharged, with unrestricted wheel width, tire width up to 275 (RWD) or 245 (AWD), ."

So you guys should start thinking about a set of either rim sizes:

18x9

18x8.5

18x8

18x7.5

17x9

17x8.5

17x8

17x7.5

With tire sizings of:

245/35/18

235/35/18

235/40/18

225/40/18

215/35/18

245/45/17

235/45/17

225/45/17

215/45/17

245/40/17

235/40/17

225/40/17

215/40/17

Dont even think about running 19" rims and tires..

I'll leave you guys the weapon of choice (aka tires) to run. The tires must be a minimum treadwear of 140 and it must be sold in at least 7 different sizes of 4 different rim sizes. I'll give you all a hint right now that the two dominating tires are going to again this year for Street Touring classes will be:

Falken Azenis RT-215

Kumho MX

Falken will be coming out with an RT-615, expect to see that as the next tire choice of champions as well.

Keefe

Keefe

Archived