LegacyGT.com

My datalogs

unlimited6986

Is a smaller pill typical?

When I went stage 1 w/ Ecutek, the Tuner had to add a smaller pill bc/ he couldn;t get the car to hit anywhere NEAR what we needed for boost...it did the trick. The Tuner who tuned for my stage 2 didn't even mention a pill.

Rehab is for quitters.

Is a smaller pill typical?

When I went stage 1 w/ Ecutek, the Tuner had to add a smaller pill bc/ he couldn;t get the car to hit anywhere NEAR what we needed for boost...it did the trick. The Tuner who tuned for my stage 2 didn't even mention a pill.

The pill is typical if you are close to maxing out WGDC in the higher rpms. Every LGT I have tune could benefit from a smaller pill. Your ECUtek issue was a completely different thing. The reason it never came up as a issue with the AP tune is because the WG delay is not present also you were already running a smaller size. That is the reason your first set of logs you posted was boosting like crazy.

infamous what's your opinion on his a/f being in the 14's and 13's between 3200-4000rpms. The narrow band is actually pretty good up until 12.0 then it doesnt know what the hell is going on.
06 TB EVO IX SE stock turbo monster subaru hater :lol:

infamous what's your opinion on his a/f being in the 14's and 13's between 3200-4000rpms. The narrow band is actually pretty good up until 12.0 then it doesnt know what the hell is going on.

Nothing I would worry about because he is not going WOT yet. The stock sensor isn't accurate down to a certain range persay, but it is a point where the exhaust pressure will throw the reading off. However under no circumstance will it read richer than 11.14.

The pill is typical if you are close to maxing out WGDC in the higher rpms. Every LGT I have tune could benefit from a smaller pill. Your ECUtek issue was a completely different thing. The reason it never came up as a issue with the AP tune is because the WG delay is not present also you were already running a smaller size. That is the reason your first set of logs you posted was boosting like crazy.

Interesting...now when the tuner truned for Stage 2, it was Ecutek as well. I had some WGDC issues (limiting the Tuner to 30%...whatever that means) then the car started running like shit and I had boost cut...so I scrapped the ECUtek and went to AP.

I still ahve not been protuned via AP. Just Cobb then PDX. BTW, My car was overboosting...big time and PDX fixed it.

ON that note...is it worth the dough for a Protune via AP. It will cost me about $500...

Rehab is for quitters.

Interesting...now when the tuner truned for Stage 2, it was Ecutek as well. I had some WGDC issues (limiting the Tuner to 30%...whatever that means) then the car started running like shit and I had boost cut...so I scrapped the ECUtek and went to AP.

I still ahve not been protuned via AP. Just Cobb then PDX. BTW, My car was overboosting...big time and PDX fixed it.

ON that note...is it worth the dough for a Protune via AP. It will cost me about $500...

A protune should pick up anywhere from 10-20whp, possibly more depending on how solid your current tune is.

Nothing I would worry about because he is not going WOT yet. The stock sensor isn't accurate down to a certain range persay, but it is a point where the exhaust pressure will throw the reading off. However under no circumstance will it read richer than 11.14.

throttle opening is at 100% its in the 13's until 3400rpms then shoots down rich in 3rd gear pull #2? I find the stock sensor is pretty darn accurate until reading below 12.0 in comparison to my lc-1

throttle opening is at 100% its in the 13's until 3400rpms then shoots down rich in 3rd gear pull #2?

Some CL/OL tables need to be adjusted. You are right about the AFR, but notice they go lower, then higher, then lower? Then look at the AFR correction? It should be in OL, but it is still correcting and pulling fuel.

I smell a less then perfect intake cal.

I find the stock sensor is pretty darn accurate until reading below 12.0 in comparison to my lc-1

Infamous is right, it is the pressure that throws it off. I actually graphed it out a while ago. Since I run alky, mine doesn't get too low. It was very consistently off by a factor of the MAP (actually the exhaust back-pressure, but I am sure MAP is very closely related to exhaust back-pressure)

I think if we had a correction formula we could use the OEM WB (yes, it is a WB) to tune for AFR.

throttle opening is at 100% its in the 13's until 3400rpms then shoots down rich in 3rd gear pull #2? I find the stock sensor is pretty darn accurate until reading below 12.0 in comparison to my lc-1

No it depends on the exhaust pressure. It is not very accurate at all at high throttle duties. Only time it should even be log is in closed loop tuning. Also there is a number of other situations where it will have lean targets as well down that low.

no, you're car is not bad at all your kc is all +8 for the most part as i was telling you. These guys know more than i do, but from the logs its pretty healthy. There always some small things that will never be perfect w/ over shelf maps though.

No it depends on the exhaust pressure. It is not very accurate at all at high throttle duties. Only time it should even be log is in closed loop fueling. Also there is a number of other situations where it will have lean targets as well down that low.

didnt know this, thanks for clearing it up. I always thought it was fairly accurate till 12.0ish. Rob no worries :)

Archived