LegacyGT.com

Are ROMs swappable?

black318i

The thing is that the ROM on my new ECU has the WGDC delay and the ROM from my old ECU does not. So I wanted to use the old ROM on the new ECU, but I want to make sure it's compatible. I want to steer clear of fouling anything up *l*

Just send your rom image to Merchgod over on romraider, I am sure he will help you out.

To answer the original question - yes you can use your old image on the new ECU. Or you could copy / paste the old tables into the new ROM. I've run the original 510N version without issues (except the know cruise control fix) even though the new ECU came with 522N.
Kyle "BlackHole"

To answer the original question - yes you can use your old image on the new ECU. Or you could copy / paste the old tables into the new ROM. I've run the original 510N version without issues (except the know cruise control fix) even though the new ECU came with 522N.

This hold true for loading the older 500N and 510N roms on to the 521N or 522N with no working cruise however I am not positive if loading a 521N on a 522N would fry it or not. I think cobb overlays the 510N rom for all their 05' MT LGT's.

I am not positive if loading a 521N on a 522N would fry it or not. I think cobb overlays the 510N rom for all their 05' MT LGT's.

I've never had a problem switching between ROMs as long as they are all the same year & trans. I've had a 510 ROM on a 522 ECU and vice versa.

Also to copy table - just use the "copy table" option in RomRaider.

Kyle "BlackHole"

Archived