LegacyGT.com

GT Limited vs. GT Suspension. Same?

akm3

As stated before, I actually WANT the shoter gearing. I'd sacrifice a bit of fuel economy for faster acceleration. Call me nuts? :lol: I know I'm likely to be a minority for that notion though. Having driven/rode in countless cars with very harsh coilover type suspensions, I could honestly say I could handle it. I'm no old man! :lol: It doesn't really matter to me in the end. Slight asthetics aside, I'm really just happy we're getting the GT.

If you want the shorter gearing, the FXT is available, just put the standard size tire on, not the offroad size found on the OB/Forester/Baja. Then put some coil-overs on. Problem solved. :D

[quote name='gtguy'] And isn't the Rev B Legacy in the JDM getting softer suspension tuning because of NVH complaints? Kevin[/quote] Is there any truth in this, and what is NVH??

[quote name='MSB'][quote name='gtguy'] And isn't the Rev B Legacy in the JDM getting softer suspension tuning because of NVH complaints? Kevin[/quote] Is there any truth in this, and what is NVH??[/quote] According to a post on this board, it is. NVH is "noise, vibration and harshness," all of which are unfortunate symptoms of a too-stiff suspension. Kevin

It is the culprit for the most part. Now if only they can figure out how to make roads super-smooth for the next 50 years and ALL of them, then maybe it would be more viable, unfortunately that isn't a possibility.

Japan has WAY less roads than the USA. The autobahn in Germany however is built to last. I watched a documentary on it. It has many more layers and uses higher quality matireals, lengthening the amount of time between repairs/repavement. Probably another reason EDM gets Spec Bs...or do they?

Indeed their roads are built to a much higher standard in general. They cost a bit more but last several times longer than the expectancy of the roads over here. They had shown a 3.0R Spec B model at the Geneva auto show and called it a concept, but from everything I read and saw, it appeared to be very near production for the EDM. It had a 6-speed too. ;) There has been rumors for some time of a more mainstream and lighter weight 6-speed transmission in the works. My suspission is that they are waiting for that unit over the STi unit they had shown with the 3.0R concept, but at this time I cannot substantiate that. But to simply answer your question, no they don't have one now, but may very shortly.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest *Jedimaster*
I don't know if this was covered already, but the Outback XT has .3 inches more ground clearance than the regular Outback.

Guest *Jedimaster*
[quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='jedimaster']I don't know if this was covered already, but the Outback XT has .3 inches more ground clearance than the regular Outback.[/quote] Making it _easier_ to drag people? :o[/quote] :lol:

DM, supposedly a big culprit of the diesel emissions is sulfer, which as I've noted before, will be reduced from the current 3400ppm average to about 15ppm IIRC by 2010. Maybe that helps a little despite not bearing on the GT vs GT Ltd Suspension topic. ;)

Archived