LegacyGT.com

Calling retro experts - look inside JDM HID headlamp!

Easton, use the OEM USDM sheilds and do a lens swap you should be good.

Any updates on this? I am probably going to crack mine open this weekend and get the process started. I still have my LHD oem projectors from my first go around with this, and if the shields will work, I will just use those.
Mr.350

Easton, use the OEM USDM sheilds and do a lens swap you should be good.

Why swap lens. I am going to use stock JDM HID lens (which is fresnel like stock). It's been designed for the bowl.

Plus I am not going to put any washers. After reading more on the subject, the position of the cutoff shield relative to the light source just changes the color and cutoff. I am not going to completely cover the squirrell hole either - will just bend the flap more to limit amount of light getting thru it. On JDM HIDs the flap is at more aggressive angle vs. USDM H7, plus it's curved to block more light on the sides - that further limits amount of light going thru it - I am hoping that bending the flap bit more plus it being longer will get similar effect.

Also I am going to install one headlamp unmodified temporarily to compare it to the modified one.

Tell ya what who ever wants to swap I have a few spar RX330s i will swap them with you for the JDM optics and throw in a clear lens and stock USDM shields just to see if I can get anything out of them.
Mr.350

Tell ya what who ever wants to swap I have a few spar RX330s i will swap them with you for the JDM optics and throw in a clear lens and stock USDM shields just to see if I can get anything out of them.

You're on. I'll ship em tomorrow if you are serious.

^ :whore:

Although all this is rather depressing..

stupid question.. whats wrong with usdm sti projector assemblies? Do they not fit? this has probably been answered somewhere before but laziness is my middle name.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

No they dont fit, and they dont mount up nicely with the LGT sheilds. But they can be made to but it isnt really worth it.

stupid question.. whats wrong with usdm sti projector assemblies? Do they not fit? this has probably been answered somewhere before but laziness is my middle name.

Mr.350

got an 08 sti lamp in my garage. housing is banged up but all optics and electronics are good to go. going to try to unload it on nasioc. hopefully some one needs some replacement parts as its highly unlikely ill get another. ill try to take a peak at it, but i dont feel like taking the lamp apart. but seriously its so much easier to get your hands on superior parts from other cars and just retro them.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

Archived