LegacyGT.com

Second kill with LGT=G35 who's yo Daddy?

Sweet wrapup for the weekend. I am making a u turn at a light and as I swing around I see an Infiniti G35 that was 2 cars back swing it as well. So looking in my right sideview mirror (I am in the right lane him the left) I go real slooooow into 2nd gear. He is all over the the thing as soon as his cars straightens out and when he gets about a car or two within me I blast it. Mind you he has momentum but not for long. I stay a good couple cars ahead till around 80 where I let off and he blazes by me. We get through some traffic and up ahead well well well a red light and a long stretch awaiting us. Now I'm in the left lane he looks over I give him the 'ol chin up time to get it on. Again I rev to around 3500 (my heart is banging away haha) lights goes and so does the LGT. Man I busted him up good out of the gate I put a good 3 cars on himup till around 60 and thats where he stayed all the way to 100. Yes my friend you just got dropped LOL. He turned off at the next light and never even looked over at me to give props. Wudeva.........:rolleyes:

Clutch was stinky again after that launch it's only the second time it's ever stunk up in the 900 miles on it and both times were good stiff launches at around 3500 slipping a bit and when the car gets going enough I let the last 1/4 of clutch travel out fast. This technique gonna waste the clutch in a hurry?

Going home. Short story, he floor it, I left it in fifth and was walking him. I shut down at 100 and he kept going after that, weaving in and out of traffic at 100 plus. I figured, I'd let him go, I proved my point.

I think the G35 is made from alien technology and sent back in time. Because of this car, the advances in technology are going to increase much faster than they ever would have and we will soon have a cure for AIDS and cancer.

Sweet wrapup for the weekend. I am making a u turn at a light and as I swing around I see an Infiniti G35 that was 2 cars back swing it as well. So looking in my right sideview mirror (I am in the right lane him the left) I go real slooooow into 2nd gear. He is all over the the thing as soon as his cars straightens out and when he gets about a car or two within me I blast it. Mind you he has momentum but not for long. I stay a good couple cars ahead till around 80 where I let off and he blazes by me. We get through some traffic and up ahead well well well a red light and a long stretch awaiting us. Now I'm in the left lane he looks over I give him the 'ol chin up time to get it on. Again I rev to around 3500 (my heart is banging away haha) lights goes and so does the LGT. Man I busted him up good out of the gate I put a good 3 cars on himup till around 60 and thats where he stayed all the way to 100. Yes my friend you just got dropped LOL. He turned off at the next light and never even looked over at me to give props. Wudeva.........:rolleyes:

Clutch was stinky again after that launch it's only the second time it's ever stunk up in the 900 miles on it and both times were good stiff launches at around 3500 slipping a bit and when the car gets going enough I let the last 1/4 of clutch travel out fast. This technique gonna waste the clutch in a hurry?

Was the kill a G35 sedan or coupe? Could you tell if it was manual or auto?

on a related G35 note, I had a great experience the other day in L.A. traffic going no more than 15 mph the whole time. It was a slow roll-up and past on a guy with a shiny black G35 sedan with paper plates. As my LGT slowly rolled on by, the look on the guy's face in his driver's side mirror was just priceless. You could tell he'd never seen the new Legacy before and the saliva was virtually dripping off his lips (and I don't mean for racing reasons). He knew right then that he bought the wrong car!

Nice kill...if it had a spoiler it could have been manual, if it was a coupe w/o spoiler, likely auto. Tho im not 100%. If you walked him for 3 car lengths it prob was auto but who knows...

Beanboy you seen performance numbers on the 05 G35s? or is that speculation?

"give me some EVIDENCE" (LOL jk... ;))

Bah, 2005 G35 coupe/sedan with auto or manual will take out a LGT.

-B

The '05 G35 298 hp is impressive. i'd like to see some numbers, but i'd suspect that the coupe should pull away from a stock GT. The sedan may be more equal as the 275hp-ish version had a 0-60 around 6.2....'05 maybe 5.9. but hey, just add a stage 2 AP set up on the GT for about $2000 and dust both of them. and you've still saved 6000-$8000 bucks over the G35!

:lol:

Just saw a 2004 road test from R&T for the 04 G35 6spdM, gave it a 5.9 sec 0-60 and like 14.5 (??) in the 1/4..so 18 more HP could be close could be faster, I guess well see...But yes AP stage 1 for sure no questions, stage II would just be funny :)

It was a coupe , I could not tell if it was auto or stick. The real estate the Legacy put between us was all 0-60 I kept glancing in the rearview mirror and towards top of third I seemed to stop pulling away. He did not gain anything back until I shut down at about 100. This car leaves very well with the AWD and I suspect most cars will be chasing the first 100 feet out anyway. I had no idea the G35 was rated at the numbers the Infiniti site gives. I guess the 6 speeds extra ponies come from less driveline loss like all most cars. My first mod is going to be an AP stage 1 with a panel airfilter I have some time to save a few bucks for it. Car has 900 miles on it and I suspect there are still some ponies to be had from full breakin over the next 1,000-1,500 miles.

If I remember the C&D mini-review of the 6MT car (before the latest the power increase), the car traps a fair bit higher than the LGT and gets to 100 quicker. It also has a pretty decent CD (drag), so a G35 above 70 or so -- on paper -- you think would not be easy to beat.

Yeah Ive seen numbers that are very close to the LGT (better trap speed and prob better 0-100) (on the 03s) but then Ive also seen numbers that are a bit worse (prob on the 04s), so Id say for sure a close race w/ the 6spd Manual, prob driver/conditions dependent...

Archived