LegacyGT.com

Trade exhausts?

Wangspeed

I'm looking for a 3" exhaust, like the Magnaflow, Megan single tip, etc. I've got a Borla cbe right now. Any takers? Would prefer someone in the NoVA/DC/Baltimore area that I could just swap with.

Warren

Thanks, but I'm looking to go bigger all the way back. If nothing else works out, I may drop you a note, because starting from the Perrin Mid/Y is still cheaper than getting a fully new system.

Do you head up 28 from time to time? There's a nice white LGT that I see now and again.

Warren

28 in MD?

Not really. I was on it a few weeks ago, but that was the first time this whole year...so it probably isn't me :)

I know what you mean with going bigger all the way back. I don't know if there are systems that go 3" the whole way back, unless you go custom. The Perrin tapers at the Y to 2.5" i believe. I put the stock cans on because I couldn't take the drone from the Perrin can. I don't have them any more unfortunately, so if you did want to swap, we'd have to work something out. :) Good luck, let me know!

Oops, some misunderstandings. 28 in VA, up to the airport. I work in Dulles.

Re: bigger exhaust, I didn't mean 3" after the split too! That would be TOO big :-) The Borla is mildly larger than stock, and I'd like to move up more. Sounds great, but it's time to move on to something bigger.

Warren

Got it. Would there be interest in a three way trade?

Wangspeed - you get my mid/y and allstars perrin cans

I get the Borla

allstar - you get my stock cans (if that is what you are looking for) and some cash (how much...i dunno we'd have to figure that out)

And we can do this all at once and have like a mini meet :)

Got it. Would there be interest in a three way trade?

Wangspeed - you get my mid/y and allstars perrin cans

I get the Borla

allstar - you get my stock cans (if that is what you are looking for) and some cash (how much...i dunno we'd have to figure that out)

And we can do this all at once and have like a mini meet :)

Looks like detslider should be able to work his trade out (wasn't trying to butt in either:))

I don't know if the above will work. I didn't realize you (psu) would take his whole setup. I already have stock cans on my car, and the Perrins sitting in my garage, after taking them off 2 weeks ago.

well first I'm not even sure I want to trade. I'm not totally happy with the sound of the magnaflow but have no idea if the borla will be any more pleasing.

hey detslider, we met at the mach v meet. i had the specb..if the deal goes well with them then maybe we can work something out..i have the borla and am interested in the magnaflow

Hey buddy, I did like the sound of your car when you rolled in but that was probably in 1st or 2nd gear, which is where the Maganaflow sounds best IMO. At WOT is sounds ricy. Though thats from the inside, maybe it sounds great from the outside....

Do you have any other mods (DP, UP, Headers)?

Yeah we probably could. I too would have to hear the Borla as well :(

I only heard it once (a long time ago) and only from the outside.

My biggest issue with the Perrin wasn't how loud it was on the outside, it was how droning it was on the inside, which is why I no longer have the Perrin cans.

What would you propose? We can take this to PM if you wish.

probably in 1st or 2nd gear, which is where the Maganaflow sounds best IMO. At WOT is sounds ricy. Though thats from the inside, maybe it sounds great from the outside....?

Magnaflow CBE at WOT it is by no means ricy. (stage 2+ anyway)

Yeah we probably could. I too would have to hear the Borla as well :(

I only heard it once (a long time ago) and only from the outside.

My biggest issue with the Perrin wasn't how loud it was on the outside, it was how droning it was on the inside, which is why I no longer have the Perrin cans.

What would you propose? We can take this to PM if you wish.

Borla is pretty subtle.

Warren-

Sorry, I guess I left you hanging without an answer.

I definitely liked the sound of the Borla more than the Maganaflow. However I didn't realize that the Borla is smaller piping and I don't want to swap for something more restrictive.

The Maganaflow was real cheap though, less than $600 shipped, might be worth it to just buy new and try to sell the old.

I agree. That being said, I'm not on the stock turbo. I'm on a PE1820 clone with an STI swap. SGT dynoed 330 on a dynojet on this setup. I should be close to that now that I've got better boost control. What I'm trying to solve is that I'm losing boost near redline. I'd like to stay closer to 16 psi, but I'm dropping all the way down to 13's.

I gonna try some helper springs on the wastegate actuator before I try a bigger exhaust. It might just be blowing open past midrange. It's the stock VF34 spring (8-9 lb?).

Warren

Archived