LegacyGT.com

Recaro Seat Install

al-gorithm

We lack good Euro importer on the board... plus with EUR/USD rate I am afraid to know the cost. We should ask Japanparts if they have access to Euro spec parts. After all they come from Japan...

We don't supply European parts; try the UK

(JDM ) STi make Seats + Seat Rails for the Legacy; ( even Power Seats ) none with Airbags

http://www.japanparts.com/db/partslist.php?dealer=1&car=6&middlesmall=2%3A17&maker=&volkey=

Best

GW

JapanpartsLLC

We don't supply European parts; try the UK

(JDM ) STi make Seats + Seat Rails for the Legacy; ( even Power Seats ) none with Airbags

http://www.japanparts.com/db/partslist.php?dealer=1&car=6&middlesmall=2%3A17&maker=&volkey=

Best

GW

JapanpartsLLC

Graham. Current EDM and JDM STI optional stock Recaro seats do have air bags. They bolt on into BP/BL Legacy.

Could price the JDM seats so to have an idea of cost?

There is no way for you to get EDM parts in Japan? They are there since the all STIs, including EDM, is manufactured in Japan.

Graham. Current EDM and JDM STI optional stock Recaro seats do have air bags. They bolt on into BP/BL Legacy.

Could price the JDM seats so to have an idea of cost?

There is no way for you to get EDM parts in Japan? They are there since the all STIs, including EDM, is manufactured in Japan.

No; UK and European parts are sourced from those markets, for the same reason JDM parts are not found on the database at your US dealers

We don't supply the Airbag equipped seats

Best

GW

JapanpartsLLC

No; UK and European parts are sourced from those markets, for the same reason JDM parts are not found on the database at your US dealers

No sure about Japan, but US dealers technically have capability to order any JDM part. The way SOA setup the system is retarded - it is hard to use and there is no way to know the price upfront.

One would think you could go directly to FHI there in Japan and order any part...

No sure about Japan, but US dealers technically have capability to order any JDM part. The way SOA setup the system is retarded - it is hard to use and there is no way to know the price upfront.

One would think you could go directly to FHI there in Japan and order any part...

I'm sure they can! Maybe you could try them?

Japanparts don't supply Seats with Airbags because:

(1) Airbags are technically an explosive and that causes problems with freight classification and insurance from us to you

(2) Liability issues; a customer installs the seat incorrectly, triggers the side-Airbag + the screwdriver they are holding goes through their chest/eye/brain + their surviving family sues us ( no thanks )

(3) These are prohibitively expensive Parts which Subaru don't have on-the-shelf, that require at least 90 days delivery as a backorder; these are also typically not supplied as an assembly, but as Parts

Pass; but thanks for your interest, and we do have STi seats with Rails that *don't have* side Airbags, that we can ship immediately ( FBU: fully Built-up )

Best

GW

JapanpartsLLC

I'm sure they can! Maybe you could try them?

Hey, sarcasm wasn't called for.

Japanparts don't supply Seats with Airbags because:

Good enough, thanks for explanation.

• 3 weeks later...
actually, it was. you have no sense of humor, or if you do, it translates very poorly on the internet

Actually no sarcasm was intended, on re-reading my post I guess it *could* have been interpreted like that tho'

Let's all maintain a sense of humor; *sub-temperature chill * :cool: + no harm done all 'round!

Unclemat is always great contributor to the Forum + has a lot of useful hands-on advice; sorry to ruffle your feathers, Uncle

GW

JapanpartsLLC

• 4 months later...

...I just picked up a set of '06 STi seats and am trying to install them. mr_luv and I took a 3 hr. joyride to O.C. to pick these babies up. We couldn't install it there. Unfortunately, the holes don't line up...can I take off the base of my seat and swap it? If not, what am I suppose to do to make this work? I know I will lose power and heating capabilities...no biggie!

Pics and/or a step-by-step installation thread would help a lot!

Thanks,

CRAZY KEN

• 1 year later...

Sounds like my project to put the Recaro LS seat I've used in four cars (to date) is going to require removing the stock seat just for checking it out. I'm installing it in an '05 LGT. Who's done this? I have no problem fabricating the brackets...I've never bought the mounting brackets for any of the cars I've done in the past. Thanks for the advice!

Danno

Archived