LegacyGT.com

Need your help!

Alex1

We know what causes it. The CDV (clutch delay valve) is a little agressive. It's there to protect the driveline from abuse. Problem is, sometimes you have to slip the clutch a bit to engage smoothly, like up a hill. I notice the smell when the clutch gets constant use and heats up (bumper to bumper traffic).

Some people like to blame this on the driver. It's not the case at all. Certainly, your driving style can be altered to lessen the effect, but it won't solve it. We have always driven manual cars and never had this issue prior to the LGT (we had a WRX too...same transmission, minus the CDV) - more than 30 years of driving time between us. But, this is way OT.....

Despite the clutch issues some have experienced, I would still buy this car again. No doubts. It's the nicest, fastest, best-handling car I have owned and the payments are less than my last ride. :D

Despite the clutch issues some have experienced, I would still buy this car again. No doubts. It's the nicest, fastest, best-handling car I have owned and the payments are less than my last ride. :D

I'm with you there.

-Hatt

2005 Obsidian Black Legacy GT 5MT Un-Limited Sedan

FL than im not gona want a black car, it will get ridiculouslly hot....

soon to be-FL college student right here, and the legacy i (might) be getting will be black on black, and ima tint it :D. it wont get that hot, and even if it does, itll be worth it...

hahaha i'm only a junior in HS too, and i'd advise you to concentrate on school rather than research cars (which is why my grades last semester are shit)

avg for ppl that got accepted into UCB last year was 4.2 gpa (similar to UCLA AND UCSD, which are also reallllly good public schools), my sis goes to berk and it's definitly a great school

Archived