LegacyGT.com

any reliabilty issues/Invidia down pipe

ripsweetness

No problems for me at all with Invidia catted DP & Perrin Mid/Y on a 5EAT. I would highly recommend the Invidia piece based on the lack of needing to modify the mounting flange like the Cobb to go with a 3" exhaust.

I initially had the stock catback on with the new DP and had to use a flat 3" gasket and the stock donut gasket to seal properly, but the fitment was fine and worked well.

Here's some pictures of the Invidia DP fitment under the car and how it mates up to the Perrin Mid/Y flange.

1524683889_DPtoMid.thumb.JPG.9d97bcdfbd1771b3609b522ff9413fa4.JPG

1386546960_DPfitment.thumb.jpg.6d4b3004df6213ae652bcb76cb6d65fc.jpg

1596605443_DPandPerrinMidY.thumb.jpg.67e9ac1020f5db8d2886650ef04d5b73.jpg

685254547_DPtoMidflanges.thumb.jpg.58bae0674b334b06b29c1a3ab411afe2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
well ive had my "modified" catted invidia downpipe for about a year and a half now (probably about 35k miles) and no problems, well besides the initially cutting and welding to make it fit the megan racing quad tip. If they fixed this issue, then i would definitely recommend it (I dont know if they ever changed the design, i purchased it on the first group buy..)

and its very quiet, much to my surprise

jay, ive got rigo's TB setup now(Invidia DP + MR Quad). Maybe its just me, but the far right P/S tip is slightly higher than the rest, and the D/S tips are facing a bit towards each other. \\ // (like so), just a little bit. The car makes noises, because the MR resonator is hitting against the heatshield(i tucked some steel wool which i used to clean the exhaust under there and it seem to help a bit i think). The the mount on the Invidia DP does not bolt on to the OE DP hanger. So, don't really want to cut it off.. don't know what to do with it. For some reason the DP goes upward towards the car which causes the midpipe(resonators) to hit heatshield :spin:. Help?

Archived