LegacyGT.com

Better luck with Accessport or Tune?

RM13

I am planning on purchasing up/downpipe and a lightne'd under-drive pulley soon, to add to my CAI and catback exhaust.

My question is would i have better luck bringing the car to the dyno and getting it professionally tuned or should i buy the accessport after the mods to get the most out of my car?

^^^ +1

It's really up to you. It seems like a custom is safer (assuming your tuner is competent) because it's tuned specifically for your car and ends up offering you more power because of this and because Cobb maps are conserative. Basically, if you're going to do custom, do some research on a good tuner and get some feedback. It will be well worth it. Also, you should tell the tuner whether you want an aggressive or conservative.

I would try and buy a used Cobb AP, and then just get a custom tune just so you can switch between maps...but that's just me though. And I'm a noob, so keep that in mind too lol

I'm a huge fan of the Cobb AP. I've had one on each of our 3 cars. Next car, will have one too most likely. I've seen a few V2 for sale in the classifieds, so check those out. could save you some $$$
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Thanks guys. Yeah the cost of the accessport is the only thing holding me back from buying, although from what iv read it seems worth it. I'm going to try and find something in the classifieds

Thanks guys. Yeah the cost of the accessport is the only thing holding me back from buying, although from what iv read it seems worth it. I'm going to try and find something in the classifieds

The accessport port is a great supplemental tool for tuning. If you are willing to spend the money and parts and then pay to get your car tuned, the cost of purchasing the accessport hardware while significant, shouldn't hold you back from getting one. Don't halfass it, esp if you have no personal experience in doing 'DIY open source tuning'.

Spend the money now and make some sacrifices for a few months, simple. I say if you want to play the game (tuning your legacy) then play the game properly.

Archived