LegacyGT.com

Xo2 Exhaust

DarkLegacy

I am looking into a new exhaust for my '05 lgt. I looked on the XO2 racing website and saw an exhaust for $299, catback. This seems to be about $300 cheaper than any other exhaust. Does anyone have any thoughts or opinions on this exhaust system. Is this a good buy? Please I need help!!!!!

Well lets put it this way, the x02 exhaust is much like a someone you meet at a bar for a one night stand.

They are at times cheap(299 is very cheap) ,

they might have something(many people who have bought it had rust, i have not had rust YET...),

your sometimes ashamed if it(the tips don't seem to line up out of the box so you have to do some work to the can hangers),

she/he might be loud( well it is a bit loud)

but over all you end up getting what you were looking for (its an exhaust, does what all other exhausts do and it removes the restrictive piping(no pun intended).

You don't need help, you need to search...

there are many many many threads dedicated to the x02 exhaust. I personally use the mid and y pipes and i sold my cans since i didn't want something that was loud.

2008 6mt Legacy Gt Spec B DGM - Not so Stock/Work in progress

2006 5mt Legacy Gt OBP - Sold

2005 5eat Legacy Gt OBP - RIP

R.I.P Coxx

how dare you ask that much from an exhaust.

its true though it looks great once you get it to work and you don't have the burnt tips and if its also not rusting, thankfully since i only use the mid and y i don't need to worry about rust showing.

It actually doesn't look bad if you avoid the burnt tips and have a shop professionally center the tips for you. ...and when it isn't rusting.

2008 6mt Legacy Gt Spec B DGM - Not so Stock/Work in progress

2006 5mt Legacy Gt OBP - Sold

2005 5eat Legacy Gt OBP - RIP

R.I.P Coxx

Thanks for all the great info guys... One more question. I want an exhaust that is not so loud, not so expensive, and fits well.... any ideas??? Or am I asking for too much =)

From what I have read (a hint for you) check out Borla. Not dirt cheap like the XO2, but almost everyone is happy with them. The criticisms are that the pipes are a bit smaller and some think they are TOO quiet.

Archived