LegacyGT.com

Performance Gain from Intake and Cat-Back?

Can someone offer there opinion on what kind of performance gains, if any, would I be looking at if I were to install just a $200-300 cold air intake and a $600-900 cat back exhaust on my '05 gt? Also, how significantly is this going to affect my gas mileage?

Thanks,

Ben

Can someone offer there opinion on what kind of performance gains, if any, would I be looking at if I were to install just a $200-300 cold air intake and a $600-900 cat back exhaust on my '05 gt? Also, how significantly is this going to affect my gas mileage?

Thanks,

Ben

you'll get little gains with either without properly retuning your car first.

Guest LGT-NY

If all you want is the sound acheived with the CBE and Intake then thats fine. But if you are actually looking to get more power, you will need to get tuned.

I would not recommend getting a cold air intake without a tune. It will cause your car to run too lean. A short ram intake and Cat Back could be run with the parameters of the stock tune but you would only see power gains of about 10-15 hp tops. Go with a COBB AccessPORT and run a 93 stg 1 map (does not support intake modds). That will get the most for your money as far as power gains go and will smooth out the powerband. And with the COBB AP, if you ever decide to go stage 2, there are already preloaded maps that you could switch to.

If you're patient you could probably find a used Accessport for sale on here. AP = More bang less $$ then $800 - $1200 dollars for 10 more hp (intake & CB).
I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

Archived