LegacyGT.com

Broken Stud on Spec B top hat

rs6er

So, changing my front springs, I overtorqued my top hat stud (trying to get the paint marks to line up-yes, totally stupid I know.) Do I have to buy a new top hat or can I get a drop in replacement stud? best source for either? Can it be driven with only two studs bolted down?

It can be driven, just take it easy.

The studs just punch out but finding the correct replacements won't be easy, dealers may be the only option. You could just go ghetto and put a bolt in there instead though. ;)

Yeah they punch right out. Did this while adding a STB so I just fished a ghetto bolt in there and it worked fine. Eventually, 50K miles later got around to replacing it when I pulled the suspension, the bolt was still holding fine.

Looked through my parts lists and didn't find the stud listed, but I have the P/N for the stud "nut":) Maybe there's one in Opie's P/N list. Good luck.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

KOP sells the top hat cheap (about $40) but i found out after i paid like $80 at the dealer. ahhh. i drove around with only 2 for awhile and enjoyed the clunking for a week or two.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

Archived