LegacyGT.com

LGT vs clk500

im a stock 5mt, he's an auto V8 300hp and alone(road and track got it to 13.8 in the 1/4).

i had my friend in the car telling me how smooth it drove. then the friend with the clk pulled up and starts smirking. so im just like ah crap and nod my head. i get the jump launching at 3500ish rpms but he cathes up and keeps his hood in front of me til 80ish mph.

that was the best run we had, the other 5 runs he got slaughtered by my launches cuz he kept spinning his tires(but thats what he says). i also kept him behind me from a 2nd gear roll from 20mph.

if he was spinning, dont get michelin pilot sports. they cost him around $150-175 per tire.

im sure with some bolt ons i can keep him back everytime, and with AP i can keep a few cars between us from the get go.

Michelin Pilot Sports are great tires. I love them and would be the only tire I'd put on the car when I get a chance to change.

Back to the topic though, I'm really surprised from a roll that you had him but its your story so good job.

Song of Post- Pink Floyd- Pigs on the Wing

'05 Black Legacy GT Wagon 5-spd

'02 Topaz/Black 330Ci 5-spd

Drift Ryder's School of Rally Arts, coming to an Australia near you.

Nice kill awdG35killer! I was wondering how I'd do against a friends E500 sedan, which should be identical to a CLK500... So did you pull the clk from that 2nd gear roll, or was it just even? How far up the speedo did you go? Did you try a highway roll?

Back to the topic though, I'm really surprised from a roll that you had him but its your story so good job.

Yeah but a "roll" is technically like 5mph which frankly is bullshiite, if your not accelerating fast of the line but your in the torque band (lets say 3000 rpmsish) all is good youll still get great acceleration. Its that bullshit test where the try to acceleratate from a 5mph roll that gives the shitty numbers cause it bogs out, who drives like that? My grandma does.

ps. good kill you did us proud son.. ;)

Archived