LegacyGT.com

BAttery fully discharged/ lights all blinking on and off

Today i let someone go outside and open the windows on my car its was really sunny

And they did it but they left the keys in the ignition @ the "ON" position with the headlights on!! :mad:ARG

............ :stupid:

(I drive with my headlights on all the time

and turn the car off with them on)

so the battery obviously drained completely as it would not start

I hooked the battery up to a charger and let it charge

i went to check it and then started it up and it took a bit but started

but one problem

The parking lights and the interior dash lights would not stop blinking

they stopped after i locked the car but once i unlocked it they started blinking again

Has this happened to anybody what should i do?:spin:

i got bored, so i'll clarify myself with a procedure to get it to stop. you should have the blinking red button on the dashboard, right? when the batt gets disconnected or becomes so drained the computer can't remember what position it's in, the shock sensor will be in the alert mode. it's similar to the alarm going off and stopping with the red button pulsing quickly. to get it to go away, you lock the doors, unlock the doors, relock the doors with the remote and preferably outside the car. When you peer in, the light should be blinking as usual (one pulse per second or so, not flashing as before). then, it is safe to unlock and drive.

if that won't work, you drained the battery a lot and need to reprogram the remotes. pretty easy, find the shock sensor control module under the dash (small shiny rectangle that looks like a small-ish hard drive) and press and hold the black button for four second (until it beeps, pretty much) then hit lock on the first remote, push the button, lock on the next remote, etc., and press and hold again to exit the programming system. VIOLA! done (double check the the owner's manual on this though, the last time i programmed my remote was last year or so)

AN easy way to fix this is to disconnect the negative battery cable, then press and hold the unlock button on the keyless remote and reconnect the negative terminal while holding the unlock button. This will reset everything the quickest and easiest way. (1996-1999 Legacy's only)

Today i let someone go outside and open the windows on my car its was really sunny

And they did it but they left the keys in the ignition @ the "ON" position with the headlights on!! :mad:ARG

I don't get why the person who borrowed your car would park it, exit it, and leave the car without locking it and leaving the keys in the ignition. Who is that retarded?

Archived