LegacyGT.com

Will an STi Steering Rack Fit ?

Metal2You

So is the rack in OBXT... slow.

JDM STI gets 13:1 rack vs. ours 15:1. RHD so won't fit of course. But there should be aftermarket options for our cars now that 08 WRX/STI share front clip with Legacy. But these tend to be very expensive ($1k+).

I remember reading an article back in '04 comparing the OBXT to the GT and they actually liked the slower steering rack on the XT :lol:

I am sure they liked suspension better, too.

Ok, I am not positive is the same part number, but I postive they have same ratio and pretty sure are interchangeable...

Sharper response may be due to combination of factors - tires, LCA bushings, rubber/pillowball top hat, etc. If the STI was on RE070 tires - they have amazing steering response due to concrete like sidewalls. I ran them on my LGT and the difference was unbeliveable (so was harsh ride).

Also don't forget shorter wheel base of STI, which adds to the "quick and nimble" feel. And, actually, rear suspension also affects steering response. I put STI pillowball bushing lateral links and they very noticeably tightened the car. Perhaps more than Superpro LCA bushings. I remember when edmundu drove my car he commented how "touchy" it is compared to his.

I am running the stock spec B summer rubber (which is pretty good), and he has the stock rubber (which is much better), that might be a factor. I am running Coilovers so I don't think it is the tophats (I have pillowmounts). I think it is mainly the bushings...I need to upgrade!

unclemat

08+ would fit. But it's pointless because it's exactly the same.

:orly:

You know... if you swap the STi rack into an LGT, even though they are the same... would that earn you the right to put an STi badge on the back of your car? Just throwin that out there...

Archived