LegacyGT.com

Wa-Wa Regular gas 10% eth

This makes no scene to me. I have a 05 legacy Gt and was little low on cash. So I went to wa-wa and got Reg 10% Eth for some dam reason I'm getting way better A.G.M than 92 Oct . 92 OCT I get average 18-21 mpg with Wa-Wa 10% Eth I get 22-26 maybe more if I went a longer distance!! And other thing I don't fell any difference with Reg than 92 Oct when comes to pick up speed??? :dm:

Must be from the east coast where there are Wa Wa's, it's like a 7-11 but better!

Also, please buy premium if the car says "required". If it says "recommended" then put what ever you want in the tank.

The end.

Jump on it, Let's do it, Ride it, My Pony...

EL4NFZT7

I know its recommended but when you have only few dollars and need it to last you a day or two you get what you can at the time!!

It's not recommended, it's REQUIRED!

I understand the last part, kinda. How do end up with a LGT that NEEDS premium but can't afford it?:rolleyes:

Jump on it, Let's do it, Ride it, My Pony...

EL4NFZT7

I never said i had no money just low for 1 week god. Plus when you got kids you can't tell when shit comes up!! And what the hell is with all the bitching just answer the dam Question and if you don't have a answer for it shut the **** up!!! ******* people do more bitching and fighting :soap_box: and isn't this a helping forum for Subaru legacy's !!! :confused:

I never said i had no money just low for 1 week god. Plus when you got kids you can't tell when shit comes up!! And what the hell is with all the bitching just answer the dam Question and if you don't have a answer for it shut the **** up!!! ******* people do more bitching and fighting :soap_box: and isn't this a helping forum for Subaru legacy's !!! :confused:

Dude - if you can't afford the extra $5/tank for premium, then you certainly can't afford to buy a new engine when yours goes "boom" from using 87. If $5 is preventing you from taking care of your family, then you really have to get a more affordable car.

To answer your question, it's more than likely you used a different driving style on this last tank of gasoline with 87 octane. Also, ethanol has less energy than gasoline, so it'll definitely hurt your MPG all things being equal.

Also, please try to improve your literacy/communication skills. You may be able to obtain a better job and not have to be in such a cash crisis that $5 breaks your budget.

On a side note: it bothers me that this 10% ethanol gasoline is being inflicted on us. I don't believe in using food as fuel.

Slightly OT but we've been using this ethanol crap for years in NE. It's all we can get. Noticed a drop in mileage instantly, negating any positive impact watering down gas with ethanol has.

EDIT: Put in the highest octane you can get fool!

I never changed my driving when I used the 87Oct ONLY ONE TIME !! I never lost MPG I was gaining Miles plus I never changed the way I was driving! There was no difference in the power with 87 OCT or 92 OCT!! OK so we have this!!

1. 87 OCT Used once

2. Driving never changed

3. Power was the same as 92 OCT

4. Gained MPG not Lost

5. Was not even a full tank 20$ to get by for the 3 days!!

Archived