LegacyGT.com

5EAT, any fun to drive in the GT?

[quote name='Ken S']Well, I was facing the same 5MT vs. 5EAT question and I just ordered my Legacy GT Ltd. Wagon with 5EAT yesterday. A couple factors went into my decision in favor of 5EAT: - Driving reports indicate that the shifts are quick and smooth (juice, Bob) - Sportshift holds gears to redline - Ah, I'm just getting old. :P Ken[/quote] On the 3 points above. 1) I have the 4EAT and shifts are not quick and smooth. It takes a while and you definatly feel the kick. I can't be sure about the 5EAT but I don't think there is going to be much of a difference. 2) It goes well into the redline. Its not a gimmick that will shift by itself, it will hit the rev limiter. 3) I can't argure one way or the other on that one :P

Panos, Your opinion seems to be in the small minority of those that have driven and commented on the smoothness/quickness of the 5EAT. I hope the majority is right, as I'm afraid I'll likely be getting the auto tranny GT. Cheers, HeavyB

I have not driven the 5EAT. I'm basing this on my experience with the 4EAT. I'm sure there will be some improvement on the 5EAT over the 4EAT but I'm not sure how much. I know that if I slap mine at around 5000 - 5500rpm it will shift at around 500 - 7000.

Archived