LegacyGT.com

Questions about flashing the Mikey stage 1 map...

brandonGT

Hey guys, im posting this for a friend who really wants to flash mikey's stage 1 tune (link below) on his 06 LGT manual but doesnt quite know how flash it and im not sure if i know how either.

so i am posting this just to confirm i know what to do when my friends tactrix cable comes in that he ordered:

1) Plug laptop to OBD II using the tactrix cable

2) Put the car in test mode and pull the stock ROM using ECU Flash and save it to computer

3) Open the stock ROM image using Romraider and copy and paste all the tables from Mikey's stage 1 tune

4) Save the new ROM image to the computer

5) Open the ROM image in ECU Flash, put the car in test mode, and flash the new ROM image.

6) Datalog! Datalog! Datalog!

did i get this right? i want to make sure i know what im doing before i flash his car. Oh and i think i read somewhere about a WGDC time delay which will prevent the user from seeing full boost, is this true? if so, how do i go about eliminating this time delay?

Here's the map desired for use- http://www.romraider.com/forum/topic3184.html

Thanks in advance!

infamous1...should he still get a WBO2 installed as well??

If you are going to datalog, you definitely should get a wideband O2 sensor. The stock one isn't very accurate under WOT load. I believe ROMRaider will work with the LC-1 and LM-1 directly and log from those.

Is there any documentation on how to do this or is Merchgod pretty much the only way to go? Sorry for the noob question, but I haven't had a chance to pull my stock ROM. How can you tell which version it is? Also I'm getting a new ECU and I imagine it will have the latest ROM. Will I be able to load my current old ROM on to the new ECU if I needed to for whatever reason?

I'm waiting on someone to test a different fix (new method - same result) that will allow you to apply the fix from within romraider. If it test ok, then I'll add it to the next ecu def update.

This will be great :)

It's not really a "delay" per se. When it is active, it temporarily bypasses the application of normal boost control. It increments a variable from zero which becomes WGDC regardless of your initial/max WGDC and turbo dynamics correction. However, the application of the value to WGDC has a minimum limit of 30%. Which is why it is appears locked at 30% for a period of time (until the variable reaches above 30). Even then, it continues bypassing normal boost control and continues ramping up WGDC until it reaches the WGDC determined by normal boost control, then it ceases and normal boost control resumes.

The hack that I created simply bypasses this logic alltoghether, but is not something that I can add to RomRaider due to the way it is set up. The new fix, which hasn't been tested, modifies some of the constants involved to effectively disable it.

• 1 year later...

Hey i'm trying to do this for my friend right now but im having a couple problems. How do you copy and paste from the xml file to the romraider? and I cant find where to enable the "max wastegate ramping fix"

if anyone could help me out that would be much appreciated!

Archived