LegacyGT.com

New Subaru Forester

I dont have specs but I liked the pictures, better design than current in my opinion.

http://img176.exs.cx/img176/6007/807258vw.jpg

http://img176.exs.cx/img176/2218/807262qb.jpg

http://img176.exs.cx/img176/481/807279ox.jpg

http://img176.exs.cx/img176/6051/807281ct.jpg

http://img176.exs.cx/img176/7148/807296du.jpg

Looks very nice, nice bold grille yet not overdone like the Tribeca grill thank goodness. The lights though look odd, almost Bangle like with the over brow, what is it.

Song of Post- Pink Floyd- Hey You

'05 Black Legacy GT Wagon 5-spd

'02 Topaz/Black 330Ci 5-spd

Drift Ryder's School of Rally Arts, coming to an Australia near you.

Not bad, although at first glance the front reminded me of a mix between Toyota 4Runner/Kia Spectra (older one)/Ford Escape. To be honest, I like the current look better. I also agree with 05LegacyGT330Ci that the grille isn't overdone.

Nice interior though. I'd hate to sit in that front passenger seat with all that junk in the trunk. :p

Also, notice the transmission on the first interior picture (5EAT, I assume), versus the transmission on the second interior picture (4EAT, I assume).

-ben

I don't mind it. Kinda industrial looking from the front, reminds me a bit of Nissan's bold look of their trucks/SUVs. Don't mind it a bit. Wish the back end made a bit more bold statement though too.

I'm just glad it doesn't have that 'new' front end. I'd take this over that new one any day though I still like the currents quite a bit.

anyone notice that the SUBARU lettering is gone from the backend, and its just a prominent STAR emblem now...were the JDM alwys liek that? THe USDM werent, but i think i like the current exterior better, looked a bit less "refined", but it's supposed to be an "suv"..right?

JDM cars don't come with Subaru lettering on the back, they just put that on USDM ones. I like the look, looks bold, almost land rover'ish. Deffinetly glad they didn't put that ugly Tribeca grille on it. Deffinetly would get one if I needed a small suv.

Hmmmmm..... is all I have to say. I actually don't really mind it. After the Tribeca, this is nothing ahah...I see a little BMW in the headlights. I'll tell you one thing though. Being a salesman and selling mostly foresters, a TON of customers are going to be happy about the front seat folding completely flat like that. You wouldn't believe all the people who come in and complain and in some cases "ruled out" the car for the fact that the front seats don't "fold flat" like other manufacturers. It's sharp though. If the price stays around where it is, it's a sharp car for Possibly under $20k.

I doubt it's much heavier at all. Subaru has been good at getting the pound per dollar better with each successive model (less the Impreza upgrade from Gen 1 to Gen 2 and we are still on Gen2, just with some styling updates like this Forester is.)

Kanos, the 14" solid rear brakes probably refers to that as the smallest wheels that will fit over them, at least that's how brakes have been noted at times in the past. Like the old B4 RSK and similar were noted to have 16" brakes, when they really were 11.4" up front and I think 11.3" out back. I think that's how they referred them though, wheel size that fits over them.

I kinda like it. I think the existing one is pretty pedestrian. This new one actually looks pretty dignified.

Get a lode of what is just out of frame of this pic, though... (the pic is from the Autoblog link on the first page of this thread)

three round dials. Looks like the B9 Tribeca's climate control knobs.

From our resident SIA insider, the new climate control works pretty slick, and I hope it works well, and gets integrated across the '06 lineup.

As for the grille, I actually quite like it. I wouldn't mind seeing it inverted for the 06 legacy. Wider at the top than the bottom, but 4 sided, rather than the 6 sided opening of the Legacy. The sides at the same inward rake as the inward sides of the headlights. I think it would actually look quite good, and require only a re-tooling of the hood and the grille peice. Radius corner at the bottom, sharp acute angle at the top cornerrs, satin silver cross bars... Satin silver mesh on the LGT or STi (forester or legacy).

The head lights dont bother me so much, actually, It seems to be "de riguer" right now, with the BMW/Scion Tc, etc. using the eyebrow motif .

At least the eyebrows on the forester complement the hood line, and don't look that obtrusive.

The one thing I have always thought was that the forester would look better with the C pillar blacked out. Maybe that is a little too "wagon" for something that wants to be a little more macho-ute looking.

All in all, an improvement, and it still is what it is. Will be interesting to see how a 2.5xt would look. Integrated scoop or "sit on top" scoop?...

Archived