LegacyGT.com

Next gen Legacy rendering

rshalvoy

A couple of small points: Gas is still cheaper in the US than in most of the world. Recently in Germany it hit $9 per gallon, causing one man to torch his BMW in front of the German government offices, saying it didn't matter because he could no longer drive it. There are alternatives to gas that could be up and running in 20 years or so if they were pushed now. They won't be because oil lobbyists and corn farmers push congress to ignore them. Corn is NOT an alternative because it is produced at a net energy loss. The same is true of hydrogen. Manufacturers can produce and advertise all the Hydrogen Powered cars they want to but hydrogen is produced at a net energy loss as well. Coal might be considered if it was mined in a more environmentally friendly way. We have a number of played out open pit copper mines here in Arizona, where the mining companies just walked away leaving a giant hole in the ground and an equally large and very unsightly Tailings pile behind. Nor will electric companies install scrubbers to reduce emissions from their stacks; neither of these clean-ups is profitable. This is where government can step in to protect the environment, not by banning coal use but by making sure we don't have to live with unwanted consequences. CAFE is unnecessary because the consequences are on the individual buyer not on the public at large, and all manufacturers are not treated equally. Why should Subaru be forced to achieve a higher average than GM?
You're just jealous that the Voices talk to Me. :cool:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest heightsgtltd

Iwanna.. this is a forum. Enough with the 82 page posts.

If you cant make your point in a couple paragraphs.....

Iwanna.. this is a forum. Enough with the 82 page posts.

If you cant make your point in a couple paragraphs.....

I apologize everyone.:redface: I feel partially guilty for taking over a good thread with our rather political debating.

Any chance a moderator would be willing to transfer our debating out into a new thread....maybe in the "Politics" area?

I apologize everyone.:redface: I feel partially guilty for taking over a good thread with our rather political debating.

Any chance a moderator would be willing to transfer our debating out into a new thread....maybe in the "Politics" area?

Agreed. That was probably too much off-topic material, in hindsight; and it should have moved to a more appropriate forum. I apologize if I turned people away who wanted to contribute to the topic.

It seemed like this thread had run its course, for the most part. If not, by all means, we are back on topic.

I still think that magazine rendering has a hideous grille, and too squinty of headlights.

The pencil rendering looks more interesting, but somone "in the know" has challenged the confidence of that one, saying that the actual '10 Legacy is nowhere near the pencil rendering.

It will be surprising if the final model has the frowning grille, commonly used by Subaru in the past, as almost all latest Subarus have gone to the more generic smiling grille. Only the current Legacy has the more neutral hexagonal/airscoop grille, a distinctive and tasteful design that Subaru should have kept.

I want the next-gen Legacy to look nice and sporty just like the current Legacy.

However, in one portion of my mind, I want the next-gen Legacy to look ugly (which I am pretty sure it will, looking at the newly released Subaru cars).

Otherwise, whenever I see the good looking next gen leggy on the streets, I will have to hold my self from selling my LGT which I was planning to keep for long time :)

Archived