LegacyGT.com

Good Hi/Low HID kits?

BoxerGT2.5

K guys/gals.....here's the install link...see how good I am.....a few hours later and I've got my install written up

http://www.bostonwolfpack.com/Legacy/H7%20HID%20kit%20install.htm

I got the 5000k Kit......I paid 279 through a buddy of mine that I trust. I've bought 3 sets from him. If you can't find them cheaper then that, let me know and I'll give you his info. He's been do'n group buys on them for Mazda6's for the longest time. But he can get all kinds of Hid's......

1. Not very hard to find my name next to those pictures :|

2. Seems like there is enough clearance to not hack up the dust/vapor covers, just need to re-route the wires through the stock hole.

3. With a proper sized hole that grommet should fit tightly, no sealant needed.

1) My bad, just was getting them done for people. I copied and pasted them into a doc on my computer forever ago and didn't get your name...It's added =)

2) There was no way with the kit I got that the connectors could fit through the stock 1/4 inch hole. Considering when I drilled the first time I wanted it to be small so I drilled at 1/2 inch...then proceeded to 3/4 inch to get them through. Every kit has a diff gromet size, as I've noticed with my last 3 HID installs........

3) True, but I always do this...just to protect against mositure. It costs about 2 bucks and gives ya a good peice of mind. You've seen everyone complain about the taillight mostuire ;)

Anywho, sorry if this wasn't a help, just thought the pics and quick walkthrough might help some people....they say a pictures worth a thousand words :D

How does the 5000k kit look with our projector housings? Does it look completely white, or does it have a slight bluish look?

I'll grab some pics tonight for ya, the light is awesome with our housings. I would say it's almost pure white with a slight SLIGHT SLIGHT ting of blue....of course that is what I See...I'll post some pics tonight and you can judge for yourself :D

BUMP for pics of H7 5000k Hids

These are in order warming up....1 is just turned on you can see the blue, by picture 4 you can see the blue is almost gone! And the last pardon the quality, is a road shot before and after with my phone camera :D

hid1.JPG.90976b02960e388ac64532bab0acac45.JPG

hid2.JPG.6aa45c03ca57ea0e0ca10f34cc4aa0a6.JPG

hid3.JPG.6aacad2e476065ab3c972b90efea1635.JPG

hid4.JPG.7b43bbb4903468e1c13e4dbf2ac7ad2d.JPG

Hid_BA_lg.jpg.947c634e394f504fc9bd276b1ed60948.jpg

These are in order warming up....1 is just turned on you can see the blue, by picture 4 you can see the blue is almost gone! And the last pardon the quality, is a road shot before and after with my phone camera :D

Wow, the before/after picture is amazing!

How are the light patern and the cut-off?

Crap, I meant to take a picture backed up facing the garage door but I forgot/was lazy I'll get to them sometime =). These are much better then any other HIDs I've owned on other cars. When you look at the pics, it's diff then with the eye...in the pictures the light looks saturated and almost halo-ish around the housing. that doesn't show with the naked eye. Light Cut off is still there as will with all...but minimal IMHO. Give me a few days driving around with them, I'll try to get a pic on a back road, not moving so you can see it.

Nice, are these the same HID's that they have an ongoing GB for in the maxda 6 forums....$285 shipped? I think they listed a 4600k or 4700k and up. Mcullough gen 5 right? IF not can you pm me more infor on where y9ou got them. Thanks!

Yeah..Mazda6club.com right? the dude running it is awesome, bought all mine through him. You can ask him, he get get all diff colors and such, I asked him for 5000k he got them for me. Just make sure you specify that you need an H7 kit......

This is the link to the guy I'm talk'n about: Heronew

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=21750 Just got to the mazda site send him a PM....he's pretty responsive. if you want his direct email, let me know and I'll get it for ya.

I ordered mine, sending him just a paypal.....they were on my doorstep in 8 days....talk about fast....

• 2 weeks later...

Archived