LegacyGT.com

Coilovers suggestions: Boostjunkie (respond?)

ProHobo

I am looking at purchasing coilovers for my LGT 09.

My price range is in the $1500 sweetspot.

I have read great reviews on the KW Var 2 and also the Racecomp Tarmac version. However - since this is primarily a daily driver - I am looking for a NON-HARD ride and reliable product.

The KW seems to get good reviews, don't know about the Racecomp Tramac version.

Additionally - I have read elsewhere (other forums) GREAT reviews on the STANCE coilovers. There is a group buy for them - I posted there - http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91575&highlight=stance+coilovers

They seem to be a solid canidate and even some KW fans seem to want to make the switch.

Thoughts, suggestions, experience, dealing with repairs, reliability, etc....everything welcome....

I would like to buy sooner - rather than later!

1. KW VAR 2

2. Racecomp Tarmac

3. Stance

1&2 are almost the same - the T1s are revalved KWv2s AFAIK. I just installed a set of them and they're phenomenal for a daily driver. I don't know anything about the Stances, but the fact that they have camber plates means increased NVH vs. any struts that retain the factory rubber tophats.

And a big plus for the T1s - RCE has provided me with excellent advice and customer service. There aren't many companies I can say that for.

Kyle "BlackHole"

I just installed the Enduratech's. I like them so far. On the softest setting, they are just a hair stiffer than my cobb springs with bilsteins.

Not many people running them, but they seem pretty freakin nice for the $. Contact IAG for pricing.

They are geared more toward a DD type of setup. But I can assure you, if this is the softest setting, the stiffest will be fine for the track days.

Maryland's Suby friendly Realtor. My favorite suby shop:

http://www.IAGPerformance.com

1&2 are almost the same - the T1s are revalved KWv2s AFAIK. I just installed a set of them and they're phenomenal for a daily driver. I don't know anything about the Stances, but the fact that they have camber plates means increased NVH vs. any struts that retain the factory rubber tophats.

And a big plus for the T1s - RCE has provided me with excellent advice and customer service. There aren't many companies I can say that for.

Great to hear about RCE service!!!!

Also - could your clarify what about the camber plates and increased NVH.

NVH is noise, vibration, and harshness. Camber plates replace the stock rubbery top mounts so you will get a lot more NVH when you go to a camber plate and pillow ball setup (metal on metal).

OH :icon_neut - is it really going to be THAT much of a negative difference with NVH?

After reading several reviews (on and off this site) it seems the Stances are very nice for the money.

I am going to take a shot at them - I signed up for the Group Buy.

Go with the RaceComp. They come fully pre-assembled to include the top hat that is needed from your stock setup. Plus, if something goes wrong, Myles can help you out where as there's no one from KW who can/or is willing to help. My KW's came with the top nut being cross threaded and RCE was able to fix it up for me. I love my KW's but if I had to do it all over again, I'd definately go with what RaceComp has.

Archived