LegacyGT.com

Xzilon worth it?

I just bought a new 09 LGT, they will Xzilon protect the interior and exterior for about $600. They Xzilon protection will guarentee the removal of stains, etc. or replace the part if they can't get it out.

We also have a "love-bug" seasonal problem in Florida - that EATS paint if not quickly removed. Xzilon says they will protect against that and guarentee the cleaning or pay for a repaint.

http://www.xzilon.com/

Any thoughts?

No.......no......no

Now what I would do & will do next time is get the full 3M kit installed on the front of the car. Looking back it is well worth the price 275-325 for the full kit......225-275 for install.

It will also cut down on the stone chips & traust me that is a MAJOR issue around these parts:(:(

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Basically that $600 you are paying for is for the "guarantee". I could sell butter and guarantee that it will protect for 5 years as well. The amount of people that would actually have non-removable stains and such in that 5 year period would be slim and the ones that would actually make a claim would be even slimmer. My suggestion is to either get a 3M protector applied if protection from bugs is your main concern.

No.......no......no

Now what I would do & will do next time is get the full 3M kit installed on the front of the car. Looking back it is well worth the price 275-325 for the full kit......225-275 for install.

It will also cut down on the stone chips & traust me that is a MAJOR issue around these parts:(:(

Wuki's right. I have the chipped front end to prove it. ;)

• 4 months later...
to remove xzilon? I had the dealership apply xzilon to my new car and turns out there were water stains on the original paint that the dealership didn't thoroughly detail, so after the xzilon was applied, I now have a shiny water stained car. Can this situation be rectified?

to remove xzilon? I had the dealership apply xzilon to my new car and turns out there were water stains on the original paint that the dealership didn't thoroughly detail, so after the xzilon was applied, I now have a shiny water stained car. Can this situation be rectified?

Just try a wax remover or prep solv from your local paint supply store. An auto parts store might even have it as well.

this will sound extreme but works, if you cut about a 1/2 cup of laquer thinner with a detergent soap like dial or dawn and then wash the whole car.

It will remove the Xzlon which fyi is just crap and doesnt do much of anything besides be an expensive paint sealer.

Meguirs and Griots make far superior products that cost 40 bucs, xylon is crap. I should know we sell it at my dealer and it is unimpressive to say the least.

Yeah...don't get it. I had my brain replaced when I was buying my car and am now trying to return all the extra CRAP they sold me during closing. GAP Insurance, and Extended Warranty are the only things I can return...I can't return the stupid Xzilon stuff. Not worth it...just the car religiously and you'll be fine. :p

Eric

I park outside, so I thought that spending the extra $500 would be money well spent. I was wrong.

Less than a year after I had it applied, my car had some paint swirls so I decided to bite the bullet and do what I should have done in the first place - bought a porter cable and the appropriate pads, polishes, etc.

It's much more work, but I'm much happier. There's no magic bullet for keeping your car's paint looking new. I should have clued in when the sales brochure was touting it as being used on air force one. The federal government will buy almost anything...:lol:

Archived