LegacyGT.com

Did the Impreza STI steering wheel swap on 2.5i

mikesae

Fairly straightforward, 07 STi wheel onto my 07 2.5i.

As per instructions available on the forum, though you need to swap airbags as the STI bag is single stage only.

To answer my own question posted earlier, the airbag cover matches perfectly.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c209/mikesae/DSC00583.jpg

Threw a WRX shift knob on there, too. Well worth it.

• 11 months later...

Sorry for bringing back such an old post. I'm thinking about getting a 06 STI wheel for my 06 legacy 2.5i. I thought that any sti wheel after '05 has the dual air bag connector which fits directly with the legacy air bag? Am I wrong here? I am trying to just buy the the sti wheel and re-use my air bag to cut down on costs. If anybody could shed some light on this it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Adam

The sti wheel is leather though like the gt wheels, correct? Is it the momo wheel do you know? I am looking for a easy upgrade for the cheap plastic wheel I have in the 2.5i now.

Thanks for your help,

Adam

Thanks for the info man and I appreciate the offer. I am going to reuse my airbag though so I'm just looking for the steering wheel which I've seen for $85 and $90 shipped, for the sti or GT momo respectively. Good luck with the sale.

-Adam

Same size as the Legacy wheel, correct?
06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

Archived