LegacyGT.com

Carnage at F1 Silverstone GP

cartman

What about your boy Raikkonen molesting a photographer ?

Just because Massa had a brain fade and Ferrari messed the strategy and Raikkonen was worse than usual doesn't make Hamilton a brilliant champion. Truth is, NONE of them deserve the championship, and all 3 are on a 1 good race 2 idiotic races cycle.

Smartest driver in the race.......Rubens Barrichello, for being the only drive to switch to the full wets. Then worked his way up to capture 3rd place.
My wife's balls are delicious.

Lewis was by far the best on intermediates. But Honda's (read Ross Brawn's) tire decision was reminiscent of his early Ferrari days when the only way they could beat McLaren was with pit strategy and oh.... of course Michael Schumacher

Jib

What about your boy Raikkonen molesting a photographer ?

Just because Massa had a brain fade and Ferrari messed the strategy and Raikkonen was worse than usual doesn't make Hamilton a brilliant champion. Truth is, NONE of them deserve the championship, and all 3 are on a 1 good race 2 idiotic races cycle.

My boy Kimi? Not so much. :lol: Truth, I don't have a favorite driver. Teams are a different story. I dislike Ferrari, but I love Williams.

Front page New York Times story on Max Mosley's lawsuit against the News of the World today. He says he been a fan of sado-masichism for 45 years and loves to be caned on the butt. Good ole Max. :lol: Suddenly his leadership style makes more sense. :lol:

Crazy race - I was rooting for Heikki, but Hamilton had an amazing drive. Nice to see Barrichello on the podium, too. Ferrari looked like they forgot there was a race going on.

I though this highlight reel with all the spins was pretty cool: http://axisofoversteer.blogspot.com/2008/07/spin-control.html

sorry...this forum practically blows goat nuts so im not always on here.
Team Pony Express

POSTED FROM MY COMPUTER USING A WEB BROWSER

Smartest driver in the race.......Rubens Barrichello, for being the only drive to switch to the full wets. Then worked his way up to capture 3rd place.

Yahtzee. It was fun to see him dance on the podium. I hope that chassis comes around next year. He's such a likable driver, I would be happy to see him in the points consistently.

ignore him, he'll go away.

Rubens is fighting for a spot in the team, hack, in F1. Why else would he keep stating that he enjoys it and he is not too old. Yes he is a likable character, but his time is up as well.

Yes he is a likable character, but his time is up as well.
I disagree. I think his age and knowledge are invaluable to a struggling team. Its the very reason DC even had a seat with Red Bull. Not to mention Ruebens' rapport with Ross Brawn

I do not dispute him bringing experince but is he the greatest development driver ? Is he as hungry to win ? Is he as fresh and eager to test from 7 am to 7 pm ? Over the past decade, only 1 driver kept up this level of interest, that was Michael and in the end even HE got tired.

Yes he has a relationship with Ross Brawnie. But Honda ain't Ferrari.

Yes he has a relationship with Ross Brawnie. But Honda ain't Ferrari.

Thank god (or some figure of your choice). Your enjoyment of the sport seems to have a very narrow focus, which is fine, but it certainly tilts how you relate to every other aspect. The only thing Ferrari or Schumacher means to Honda at the present time is that they have room for improvement. Nothing Ferrari or Schumacher currently does will effect how Honda may or may not progress in the coming seasons.

Crazy race - I was rooting for Heikki, but Hamilton had an amazing drive. Nice to see Barrichello on the podium, too. Ferrari looked like they forgot there was a race going on.

I though this highlight reel with all the spins was pretty cool: http://axisofoversteer.blogspot.com/2008/07/spin-control.html

great vid !! thanks for the link

Thank god (or some figure of your choice). Your enjoyment of the sport seems to have a very narrow focus, which is fine, but it certainly tilts how you relate to every other aspect. The only thing Ferrari or Schumacher means to Honda at the present time is that they have room for improvement. Nothing Ferrari or Schumacher currently does will effect how Honda may or may not progress in the coming seasons.

Muh Man Weasel, you must have misinterpreted. Must be that you are tired which I understand.

Honda ain't Ferrari. Honda ain't willing to win at all costs. Honda ain't willing to trust ONE man with his suggestions and give him the liberty of decisions and build the car around him. That is what I mean and that is what you failed to see in my point of view.

Sure, the comparison Rubens Michael stands that I made before still stands. But the attitude within the team is not the same and is not willing to to build an entire organization around one person. I mean look at McLaren - it seems so wrapped around Hamilton these days: remind me, wasn't he the protege of Ron Dennis since the times he was still sucking tits ? Why is McLaren sucking up to Hamilton so much ? I mean Hamilton's dad (manager) gets more air time than half the pilots on the grid and McLaren is fine with that and implicitly fine with the level of decision that Lewis has in the team. I do not see Honda being able to do that nor do I think Rubens should be the one to enjoy such an exclusive attention from the team and its director.

Hamilton gets good treatment at McLaren for a couple of reasons. First, Dennis has known Hamilton since the guy was 11 or 12. Second, Hamilton wasn't the prima donna that Alonso was in 2007 (although he had his moment in Hungary). Third, he's faster than Kovaleinen is at the moment. Hamilton is learning to be a team leader. His speed helps get respect from the team.

As for Honda vs Ferrari, well, Ferrari may be closer to Honda than they'd like in a few more years without the Schumacher/Brawn/Byrne/Todt pact. They don't have a team leader now like they had with Schumacher. The team ihas made more mistakes this year and in 2007 than they did from 1997-2006.

If Honda gives Brawn the power to direct that team once he gets the technical end in line, Honda may do good things. It'll take 2 years to get near the front, at least. By then, Rubens and Jensen will be gone.

The rumors are out about Fernando going to Honda next year. If Honda has given up on Button then keeping Rubens around to keep developing going while Fernando or whatever new driver comes in would make sense. Ross Brawn has said he enjoys working with Rubens on several occasions so he will probably be around for a bit longer. I would prefer to see Kubica or Vettel at Honda with Rubens as a team mate for a while. Fernando is becoming a big baby jumping from team to team and he never looks happy. He is becoming another Jacques Villeneuve.

Jib

Great thread.

He is becoming another Jacques Villeneuve.

:lol:

Yeah, but with much more talent which may allow him to stick around a lot longer. He's also got smugness like Montoya.

If Honda gives Brawn the power to direct that team once he gets the technical end in line, Honda may do good things.

I agree and believe that Toyota would be in a better spot now if they didn't give Gascoyne the boot and run the team by committee.

Love or hate the Ferrari/Schumacher pairing, it worked and they spanked everyone for quite some time. I'd like to see Honda due better, but I think as long as their national rival Toyota still stinks, there isn't much motivation = my $0.02

Boy;1961861]

If Honda gives Brawn the power to direct that team once he gets the technical end in line, Honda may do good things. It'll take 2 years to get near the front, at least. By then, Rubens and Jensen will be gone.

Agreed [shudder]

Oh, and JV is and always has been a pansy. His extra large driver suit was to hide his saggy man t!ts.

Archived